PDA

View Full Version : I did it ! I won the Gehrig PSA 10 autograph...

thekingofclout
08-09-2009, 06:50 AM
After much consideration. Very strong encouragement from my close friends and family. And of course the urging of some fellow net54 board members. I reconsidered my position on this Gehrig signature and became determined to win this "once in a lifetime piece" (for me anyway) and pulled the trigger on it. It did not come cheap, but no complaints here...

Thanks guys for opening my eyes to see how much this one really had to end up in my collection. As David McDonald so obviously put it...

"I'm thinking about changing my name to Jimmy".

Sincerely,

"Best Wishes" Jimmy

yanks12025
08-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Glad that you got it, it's a great looking autograph.

David Atkatz
08-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Congrats, Jimmy!

(I know how you feel.)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/datkatz/ruth.jpg

barrysloate
08-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Barry Halper had a ball signed "To my pal Barry, Sincerely, Babe Ruth." I thought maybe I should have bought that one (but alas, I didn't).

Congratulations to Jimmy for snagging the postcard!

Jay Wolt
08-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Jimmy, glad ya pulled it off.
That's a stellar piece and fits in nicely in your incredible collection, Congrats!

Leon
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
What a beautiful signature that is!! You must be very proud... You must have gotten that "collector" tingly feeling we all get when we score something we really love. Congratulations!!

perezfan
08-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats, Jimmy...

That's one you'll never have to upgrade... just a beautiful signature!

drc
08-09-2009, 12:35 PM
My name's not Jimmy, and I've always liked personalized autographs.

For your next of kin's sake, the resale value is better than if you name was Thatcher or Bjornstadt.

Exhibitman
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Jimmy: You know Jimmy is pretty sweet on you.
Elaine: [thinks Jimmy is another guy] Ah! He is?!
Jimmy: Oh yeah! Jimmy's been watching you. You're just Jimmy's type.
Elaine: Ahh! Really?
Jimmy: Jimmy's new in town. Jimmy doesn't really know anyone.
Elaine: Oh! well I'd like to get to know him.
Jimmy: Jimmy would like to get to know you

ethicsprof
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats!!!
an absolutely stellar acquisition!

best,

barry

Kawika
08-09-2009, 05:42 PM
YAAAAAAY !!!

http://photos.imageevent.com/ltsgallery/memberfoldersko/kawika/miscellany/The%20Wave.gif

Minerscoin
08-09-2009, 05:46 PM
My goodness.
That is Flat Out Stunning!!!
Yes I a jealous. Congrats and what an addition to your collection. I can't get over how awesome that Auto is. First time I have seen that particular auto. And it is a Gehrig to boot. Bet your on cloud nine. That really is a once in a lifetime pickup. Way to go Dude!!! Thanks for posting.
Gives me goosebumps to see that Auto.
Mark

GKreindler
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh Jimmy, I knew you couldn't stay away. Congrats on a STELLAR piece, brutha!!

thekingofclout
08-10-2009, 05:59 AM
for your wonderful support. You guys have eliminated any chance of doubt or buyers remorse, that is certain. :D

My highest regards, Jimmy

GrayGhost
08-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Im really jealous, as Im not able to buy now, and am mainly just a looker/reader on this site, but to see a fellow collector able to get a piece like that is awesome. If you've got the means, and want the best, go for it. No buyers remorse.

I love the items you post, Jimmy. Great stuff. Keep em coming, and congratulations again on that incredible Iron Horse autograph.