PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For Dinner And News From CardPricer

CardPricer.com
08-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Hello Everyone,
I want to start off by saying it was a pleasure to talk with many of you at the recent National in Cleveland. It is always nice to get some face time with active participants in the hobby. In retrospect, my biggest complaint would be that there was not enough time to converse with all of you.

Like the many of you who have already posted here, we would like to thank Mr. Luckey (and the anonymous sponsor) for putting on the dinner. It was both enjoyable and informative. The fact free food and drink were also much appreciated. Finally, it was also nice to hear Mr. O’Keefe and Mr. Evans speak, and we thank both of them for that.

Last week was an important week for us here at CardPricer.com. After speaking with some of the board members, I thought it might be a good idea to tell those of you who weren’t able to make the show about the goings-on here.

Early last week, we introduced our new pricing engine. This new tool has dramatically increased the number of cards that we offer pricing data for. We now offer pricing for roughly 185,000 baseball cards across 5,300 sets. A number of the pre-war sets you ladies and gentleman collect are included as well as modern cards (up to 2009). The number of published transactions now totals approximately 6.4 million sales. Additionally, each of those 5300 sets will update daily. That is, if there are new transactions that take place in the market, they will be posted to the website.

Over the next week or so, we will be pushing out more data from our back log. In addition to filling in more sales from eBay, we will include sales results from most, if not all, of the auction sites that you frequent.

We are currently integrating a number of new features into the site. One of those features is a new interface. In the meantime, we hope that you find the risk free 2-week trial and $8.99 monthly membership fee to be reasonable. We invite all of you to come and check out the site. If any member of Net54 has already used your free two-week trial, please contact us and we will provide you with another two-weeks.

To facilitate the communication process, we have built in some feedback tools to allow you to communicate with us directly. If you find any misidentified sales, any missing transactions, any incorrectly cataloged material, or if you have a set you would like to see published, you can tell us through the site. While the engine is firmly in place, it will continue to improve over time.

Any one of our customer service representatives will be more than happy to assist you in whatever you need. However, should you want to speak with me directly, I can be reached at blacksoxfan a.t. cardpricer.com.

Thanks again everyone for a great National!

Warmest Regards,
Ted Golden
CardPricer.com

rc4157
08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Ted,
Good luck with the expansion process. It was nice talking to you and Rich at the dinner and discussing the Black Sox of '19 and the similarities to some of the things going on in today's game.

RC

CardPricer.com
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks RC for your kind words! I enjoyed the conversation as well. Now if only I could find the time to write that book :-).

Jewish-collector
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Ted,

It was great seeing you in Cleveland. I still don't understand how that Texas style Poker game is played. :confused:

Alan

rc4157
08-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Ted - Seriously, the book would be a great read but I don't have an answer as for finding the time it would demand to complete. I'd buy a copy though if that's any incentive!
RC

Rich Klein
08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Richard:

From the other Richard -- there are some great books/articles written on that team. The most recent one by the now late Gene Carney I'm sure is excellent.

I've done quite a bit of reading in my younger days on that era. It is fascinating and yes I enjoy reading the Yahoo Group on that subject.

Regards
the OTHER Rich Klein

rc4157
08-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Rich -
I plan to check out some of the material out there on the Black Sox, Mr. Carney's book might be a good place to begin, thanks for the info.

I still think Ted could put a different twist on the tale!

RC