PDA

View Full Version : BST Pet Peeve

Minerscoin
08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Got cards for sale. Put a price you want for the cards.
WTB cards. Put a price you want pay.
Simple enough
Mark

ethicsprof
08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Point well taken but i must say BST has become my only home for
purchasing cards as of late and absolutely love the purchases i've made.

best,
barry

Minerscoin
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I am also happy, but if someone has something to sell or wants to buy something give us a price. Let us decide from there. I have been a coin dealer for years and that is the way we work, so I hope this does not offend anybody, but ads without prices get no attention from me. If they want it to be a guessing game put it up for auction. I really hope I don't offend anyone but hey if you want to buy or sell us something give us price.
Mark

Potomac Yank
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I will not waste my time with a Price Less Ad.

Minerscoin
08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Potomac,
I like the way you think. We got a lot in common dude.
Mark

Potomac Yank
08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Potomac,
I like the way you think. We got a lot in common dude.
Mark

Mark, watch what you say, and watch who you hang out with.
Otherwise, you'll be in a heap of trouble. :D

I'm also from the old pre slab numismatic days.
Most of that crowd is made up of a little tougher skin.
They haven't reached that stage yet in cardboard world.
Some of them are just discovering that fowl things can be done to cardboard. ... even slabbed ones. :)

As a precaution:
When we pass on the steet ... we'll just nod to each other ... then we'll meet at the gin mill and have a beer. :)

19cbb
08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
'Flippers' need to post scans too.

Matt
08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
We're in control of these issues - if we don't buy from sellers who don't post prices or scans then those sellers will either change their ways or stop posting. They have no incentive to change if we continue to buy from them.

If any seller needs help understanding how to post images, I'd be happy to help.

Potomac Yank
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
We're in control of these issues - if we don't buy from sellers who don't post prices or scans then those sellers will either change their ways or stop posting. They have no incentive to change if we continue to buy from them.

If any seller needs help understanding how to post images, I'd be happy to help.

I totally agree with every word.

BTW, I'm not a seller, but if I ever get to learn how to scan during this millennium, I will definitely take you up on the posting offer.

Regards,
Computer illiterate, and other Masterpieces.

slantycouch
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I always have a price but I'm guilty of not posting scans sometimes. With graded cards, it seems like some buyers don't need to see a scan.

carrigansghost
08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I have a WTB up right now and I would like to ask you Mark, how in the world do I put a price on someone else's items? Should I list what I will pay for each individual grade as well as which back it has and let's not leave out qualifiers. I like SGC over PSA so there is another list of prices. I have been offered 4 items and purchased all four for their asking price. Seems simple to me.

I do agree with putting a sell price on a listing or run it through the live auction.

Rawn

Minerscoin
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Rawn,
I guess I should have edited my post to say put a price on what someone selling rather than worrying about the WTB part. I am a buyer on here only so I guess that is my main pet peeve. I really hope no one was offended. I love BST bye the way.
Mark

Potomac Yank
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Rawn,
I guess I should have edited my post to say put a price on what someone selling rather than worrying about the WTB part. I am a buyer on here only so I guess that is my main pet peeve. I really hope no one was offended. I love BST bye the way.
Mark

Come on Mark, tell him what you really feel ... but don't tell him I told you. :)
Joe

Minerscoin
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Rawn,
You have some really nice Carrigan Stuff on your page. If I run across anything Carrigan I will sure let you know.
Mark

carrigansghost
08-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Thanks, Mark.

Rawn