PDA

View Full Version : A##H()LE Sellers

Pup6913
08-02-2009, 10:19 AM
This is more of a rant than anything but thought I would share so I could maybe get some feedback as to how you handled your situation.

Many of you know I sell on the BST and Ebay. First off a huge thanks to Ed Wolf for turning me on to VCP. Made selling easier but buying way harder. Most of us on the board realize books are no good anymore unless needed for identity reasons but who needs a book when you got NET54 guys:) Anyways on with the story.

The past month has been up and down to say the least. Though I was loosing my job, no money, ect, ect. By Gods grace I actually kept my job and got MO MONEY:D andf life is good again. So as I sold a few of my newer cards (a new 2009 Topps Allen Ginter N43 Phelps Auto) I had some money to blow. I made an offer on a SGC 4 Collins Closed Mouth for $125. The average is $112.50 and I was going to pay through Paypal personal and no Ebay and save the guy a few $. Well I gave him all the info for the sources and how I got the pricing and even told him to check it out because he has a georgous T206 Johnson SGC 7 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunning-Walter-Johnson-T206-Hands-At-Chest-SGC-84-7-NM_W0QQitemZ230360638720QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_S ports_Cards?hash=item35a2906500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) for sale and figured if he has these cards there are more to follow. Needless to say I go a nice ass Chewing for LOWBALLING?????? How is it lowbaling when you are offereing more than market for a damn card.

Then there is another guy who had a nice list of cards I get to pick through. I made a list of the ones I wanted gave the price $30 over average for the set(I gave market average for all the cards and then $30) and have discussed VCP before and he was good with market pricing. To my dismay again I get the answer "I don't give away cards and if you are not going to pay SMR values then I am not interested. What The F:eek:

I sell alot of cards on Ebay and all have BIN or BO. I know alot of you practice the 1/2 offer first but come on. Do you think making a good offer may do more good than harm. My T205 Cobb asking $650. Grade 1's sell for that and more. So why offer $300 and then tell me I am overpriced:confused: or my card is FAKE and not worth that. For real do some people get off harassing people.

Anyways even if I don't get any reply to this thread I feel better because I know some of you are saying the same.

chahn1980
08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I haven't had some of the same issues but I don't buy off eBay a lot. Funny story though regarding BIN or BO.

I have a player collection and I have been listing a few cards every week or two. I would say BIN or BO of 125-150 if I wanted to get 100 out of the card. For a few weeks in a row the same guy would offer exactly 25% of the BIN price...then we would negotiate from there. So this week I wanted $75 for a card and I listed it at $300. Sure enough he offered the 25% and I accepted right away.