PDA

View Full Version : Reviews/Reports from the 2009 National

Vintagecatcher
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
For those of us unable to attend, we would love to hear feedback regarding the show!

Any incredible finds?

How are the prices?

How is the selection?

Personally, I'm curious as to what PCL items might surface!

My 1st National was in Cleveland in 1997. I drove from Maine to Cleveland.

I remember the long line to get into the show, and I remember the great selection. I have since gone to 2 more National shows in Atlanta, and Atlantic City.

I sold more than I bought in Atlanta. Atlantic City was also fun, but again couldn't hold a candle to Cleveland in 1997.

Patrick

Adam
07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
This was my first National. I walked every single aisle. And I am friggin' exhausted after doing so. The place is absolutely huge.

A great pleasure to meet Ted Z. in person and chat T206 a bit. Very nice also to meet Frank B. from Vegas, who I have done several deals with in the past. And a special thanks to Scott B. for showing me (and even letting me hold) a very special card I had never seen in person before.

I pretty much only collect T206s, so that's what caught my eye at the show --- Coolest T206 I saw was a Cy Young (glove shows) with a BL460 back. iPhone photo below.

paul
07-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm not there, but I've heard there was an awesome Tip Top Dreyfuss there. I think it'll be showing up soon on the recent pickups thread.

Brian Van Horn
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
I saw a Tip Top of Dreyfuss at 707's table. I believe the asking price with it and about seven other cards, including Clarke, was $26,000 for the lot.

Brian Van Horn
07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Now, for my review:

I thought the best part of the show was in the following rows:

1200 row-William Chappell-good selection
1400 row-Brockelman and Luckey-not sucking up, but good selection
1700 row-Rhett Yeakley-my one pickup of a W503 of Dugan. Great transaction and Thank You again, Rhett.
2000 row-Tik and Tik-great selection

e107collector
07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
The Broadleaf Cy Young is amazing. Can someone tell me if Tik & Tik have a website, or can you post their contact info?

Thanks,
Tony

Rob D.
07-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I picked up one of Terry's business cards, and the e-mail address is:

tik (at) epix.net

No Web address is listed.

slantycouch
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't think they've ever had one. Wish they did though...

Jewish-collector
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll be heading home Saturday morning. I'll say more later, but this was definately without a doubt the very best time that I have ever had at any show.

Alan

Bicem
08-01-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm not there, but I've heard there was an awesome Tip Top Dreyfuss there. I think it'll be showing up soon on the recent pickups thread.

I heard that too!

frankb22
08-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I had a great time this week and met some good people. Adam M, Ted Z, RustyWilly (who has a very cool HOF portrait collection) Ed H (always nice to talk to), King, Gary N and Jim Rivera. Gary and Jim had some great cards on
display. Jim had a good number of tough backed t206 cards including some UZIT, Broadleaf, Drum and Lenox. Best assortment of backs at the show.
Garys BL460 Cy Young is outstanding and as impressive as any card at the show.
Scott B - thanks for letting my 10year old hold your Wagner card - it was
the highlight of his week.

The display at PSA of the 70+ T206 HOFers in PSA 8 and PSA 9 is stunning. There is also a PSA10 card in there (Danny Murphy? I think).

Great stuff all over the room. Already looking forward to Baltimore.