PDA

View Full Version : For the game collector - "The National - American Base Ball Game - Parker Bros - 1913

stone193
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I've been waiting for one of these to come up on ebay for about 4 yrs and finally did:

"The National - American Base Ball Game - Parker Brothers, 1913"

The cards are 2 3/8 x 3 1/4" and the backs are used to play the board game. The cards come in blue and red variations with the reds being somewhat more rare.

The game comes with a set of 50 game cards with Nap Lajoie on the face.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/stone193/Game1-1.jpg?t=1246598018

The box is not in great shape but if one came up in solid shape - the bidding might be busy.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/stone193/Game-2.jpg?t=1246598126

The board is very small - this almost looks like a game to take while traveling; I'm glad the instruction booklet is still there also!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/stone193/Game2.jpg?t=1246598293

All card collectors know this card but I figure not as many know what the game looks like.

Thanx for viewing.
mike

Butch7999
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Outstanding acquisition, Mike -- assuming that must be the same one discussed in our own forum a few weeks back, that was a very fair price for both you and the vendor. Hope you're planning on keeping it together as the game set and not ruining it by breaking it up...

stone193
07-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Butch

Thanx

I haven't posted here in some time - and just joined under the new net54.

I'll look for the post - I picked up this game on the 27th of June for 420$ from a really nice seller.

I'm a game collector - so - yes - the game stays intact.

Butch7999
08-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Happy to hear that, Mike -- we just really hate seeing those great old games busted up for the individual cards.
That is the game that was discussed on our board, and yep, the vendor seemed like a very nice gal indeed.
Glad to find another game collector -- we're a pretty small niche in memorabilia, no? For sure, pay us a visit (main site linked in our sig, links to our forum from there) -- we'd like to hear about what else you've got.

stone193
08-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Happy to hear that, Mike -- we just really hate seeing those great old games busted up for the individual cards.
That is the game that was discussed on our board, and yep, the vendor seemed like a very nice gal indeed.
Glad to find another game collector -- we're a pretty small niche in memorabilia, no? For sure, pay us a visit (main site linked in our sig, links to our forum from there) -- we'd like to hear about what else you've got.

I agree on the small group!

When I post on some forums like CU/PSA - games can fall on deaf ears/eyes.

I just signed up on your forum. I just got confused - I thought I posted as a newbie and pressed 'send' but I don't see the post anywhere? I must not be understanding how the forum works?

mike

Butch7999
08-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi again Mike -- thanks for signing on! Our forum, unlike this snazzy operation, is extremely low-tech and manually operated. Sometimes little glitches delay posting, but most often the lag is due to the fact it's a fully moderated board, which is to say all posts have to be approved by one of the three "front-office" mods before they go up. Completely eliminates spammers and trolls, although it does slow things down -- but then again we have only a tiny fraction of the traffic Net54 does. Luckily, it's Friday night, so one of us was up really late, or else it might've been tomorrow afternoon before your message posted... :)

stone193
08-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi again Mike -- thanks for signing on! Our forum, unlike this snazzy operation, is extremely low-tech and manually operated. Sometimes little glitches delay posting, but most often the lag is due to the fact it's a fully moderated board, which is to say all posts have to be approved by one of the three "front-office" mods before they go up. Completely eliminates spammers and trolls, although it does slow things down -- but then again we have only a tiny fraction of the traffic Net54 does. Luckily, it's Friday night, so one of us was up really late, or else it might've been tomorrow afternoon before your message posted... :)

Thanx Butch - will be checking back - I would like to see what people have.

I've only been collecting games since 2004 when I started buying on ebay.

I've always liked board games but they're rarely seen at small shows and ebay has opened the world!

And they're priced fairly - I like the graphics.