PDA

View Full Version : another ebay buyer beware...and a pet peeve

Leon
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I reported this to ebay and of course they are letting it run. I hate it when it's my card that gets copied and sold as "can not vouch for it"......
duh, they can't. It's in my safe deposit box.....note the back wrinkle for absolute id.....

I doubt anyone would bid on this but just in case

http://cgi.ebay.com/1925-BABE-RUTH-DRAKES-CAKE-RARE-NEW-YORK-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ180389530706

http://luckeycards.com/pd32ruth.jpg

Jacklitsch
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Strange.

1127 Feedback 100%

Strange.

iggyman
07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I would venture to guess that the seller used Leon's picture to print-out a fake. That would explain the similiar mark on the back side.

Lovely Day...

docpatlv
07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Didn't the same seller also have a T5 Wagner up on e-bay that was pulled early? I remembered seeing that and seeing the Ruth and thinking something didn't seem right.

Matt
07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Didn't the same seller also have a T5 Wagner up on e-bay that was pulled early? I remembered seeing that and seeing the Ruth and thinking something didn't seem right.

That would be eBay at it's best - letting a high volume seller who they have pulled scam listings from stick around to do the same thing again.

FrankWakefield
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I've sent a message to the seller that might have him reconsidering his auction. Good eye, Leon.

yanksfan09
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Not to hijack the thread; But this just got me wondering:

Is there any way to block a seller on ebay? Like, block a seller so that you don't ever see his items when you search? That would be a very useful tool, to help in not getting ripped off. Is it possible for people to X out items from known unscrupulous sellers?....

sbfinley
07-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Not saying that this guy isn't a scam, I'm really not an expert, but his has a stain in the lower right hand front corner and a crease on the back just below the wrinkle that isn't evident on Leon's card. Being that I've never even seen this card before I have no valid reasoning what so ever. Just mentioning.

Leon
07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Not saying that this guy isn't a scam, I'm really not an expert, but his has a stain in the lower right hand front corner and a crease on the back just below the wrinkle that isn't evident on Leon's card. Being that I've never even seen this card before I have no valid reasoning what so ever. Just mentioning.

Hey Steven
I was fairly careful on being sure. The stain on the lower front corner is from a bad xeroxing/copy. The clincher is the little black spot, on the back at the right top of the wrinkle. Look at where it says "Always open for inspection... " Above that 3rd dot is a black spot that clinches it is the same card. There is a 0 percent chance of that black spot being there, with that long wrinkle, on 2 of these cards. There are probably less than 15-25 of these cards even known...(that's a guess). I understand your reasoning though....take care.....T minus about 29 minutes until I head to the airport.....Scott and I will be getting in around 3:30 to 4:00 today, at the show.....hope to see as many there as can make it. regards

Rich Klein
07-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Of Flying on the same plane with Leon and Scott. Hopefully the air staff will ignore the baseball conversations :)

That is of course; If I read the comments on when Leon and Scott are arriving correctly :)

Rich

Leon
07-29-2009, 07:10 AM
We are on DFW flight 5982 leaving at 11am and arriving at 2:50pm.....Continental Airlines operated by CO Express/Chatauqua......?