PDA

View Full Version : 1955 World Series Scorecard - Looking for Advice

pwilk17
07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
I have this 1955 Unmarked World Series Scorecard. It would be great if someone could advise me on the value I should be looking for as I am planning on selling it. Thank you - Appreciate it!

barrysloate
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
That is not an official 1955 World Series scorecard as sold at the ballpark. It may be one associated with a product. Does it have any advertising that may identify it?

An official one might sell in the $125-150 range. This one is likely worth less.

pwilk17
07-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Thank you for your reply Barry - really appreciate it. I bought this scorecard along with a 1951 world series program at an auction a while ago. The origianl collector had dozens of world series programs back to 1927, hundreds of other baseball publications - a lot of team yearbooks - the newest stuff was from the 50s like this item. I am sure it is a dated piece based on his collection (doubtful he would have one odd piece in his dated collection). The item has no other identifying marks as to its origin. I have seen similar items form different years advertised on ebay as marked or unmarked scorecards form various 50s world series. That is all of the info I have and I have llittle experience in this. How do you think I should mention it on the selling form on this board - I want to be very accurate in my listing and asking price. Really appreciate your reply and would value any input you or others could give me- thank you - Peter

barrysloate
07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Official World Series programs from the 1950's were yearbook style, with 40-60 pages of photos and facts and color covers. Unofficial ones could be put out by radio stations or newspapers, or even vendors. I would describe it as unofficial but we don't know too much more about it. I haven't seen it before. Maybe someone else will recognize it.

pwilk17
07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Barry - I have a 1951 World Series program and it is 48 pages long and I can see that the Yankees score card is on page 31 and the Giants score card is on page 33. I had made an assumption that the 1955 score card(both teams on same page) was an insert in the world series program, however, I can see now that I was wrong in that assumption. I do appreciate your reply - it is likely a score card put out by another vendor, I would appreciate finding out the origin of the item - hopefully someone else has seen one. There is a very similar looking world series score card (although black and white) from 1947 on ebay right now. I also see a 1936 score card that is somehwat similar (looks to be put out by Ford). It would be great to find out who put on this 1955 one.

barrysloate
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes, I have seen this type of World Series (as well as All-Star game) program before. I don't want to posit a guess since I've never seen it. Maybe it is really rare and worth more than I thought.