PDA

View Full Version : Any Hunt auction winners from July 14th auction?

rickybulldog50
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Finally got my invoice today. Won this trophy. I was pleased with the price.
Anybody else pick up anything?

thekingofclout
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Boy Ricky, that's a beauty! I don't have any vintage trophies in my collection, but I'm becoming quite fond of them. Sincerely, Jimmy

BrockJacob
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Great trophy Ricky. I bet you were pleased with that price. Seems like quite a bargian. Congrats.

sundevil
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Nice pickup Ricky.

perezfan
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Used to be that was a $1,500 trophy (very similar to the one in my avatar). Just more evidence that this is the time to buy, and not be selling... if you can swing it.

Terrific pickup Ricky... congrats!

ps. A lot of the trophies on the Hunt's site now say "DNS" (did not sell). You were fortunate that this one either had a low reserve or no reserve. The others also appeared to have sold well below market value, but now it is apparent that they failed to make Hunt's reserves.

rickybulldog50
07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys. By the way Ryan, I'm glad you are chiming in now:). I'm excited to get it! Mark you were right, 2 of the Spalding trophies didn't sell which was a shame. The golden one sacker looked great. Most people prefer the silver, but I'm not picky. Ha! Ha! Speaking of trophies, I have 2 other ones coming in, but I'll share when I have them in hand.

By the way, Dieges & Clust made the 5 Spalding trophies which are considered the set (basemen, pitcher, catcher, hitter, fielder). They also did the hitter, the one Mark and I have, and they did a Ty Cobb slider, correct? Those are the ones I can think of right now.
Any other D&C that are large baseball figurals?
The last Cobb sliding figural I saw was the one on Ebay that was a Mushball trophy.