PDA

View Full Version : Another fantastic auction w/ Ruth & Cobb jersey

keithsky
07-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Does it get any better? Just for curiosity I looked at prices realized in Coach's Corner auction that ended Friday night. An autographed Cobb jersey for 325.00. An autograph Ruth jersey for 207.00. Yea there is no more 0's on the end of those prices and I didn't type them in wrong. You could have won both for the low low price of 532.00. What scares me is the idiots that bid on this stuff and that there was actually bidders. All beautifully authenticated by Chris Morales by the way. My God make it stop.

GrayGhost
07-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I was keeping track of some stuff too. They had people bidding on Fake Ruths, Jeters w no pictures, Fake Jimmy Collins, etc, etc. Also, JOhn M Ward cuts, Mathewson softball, and so much more. Not to mention, Gen Custer, Geo Washington, Field Marshall Rommel, and much more and the BEATLES Too.

All authenticated by the forgers themselves probably at STAT and Chris "I would authenticate a Ruth ball signed in invisible ink by MIckey Mouse" Morales.

The comedy value of their crap, and the morons that buy it make it kind of funny. But, TomTresh 2's videos and stuff will hopefully get this garbage off the market soon.

We should all make a trip to their headquarters. That would be "interesting" haha. ;)

jerseygary
07-19-2009, 01:25 PM
I just finally got around to looking at a CC auction because of this post... and after all I read over the years about how bad their auctions are I STILL CAN"T BELIEVE MY EYES! How the heck can they get away with that stuff!? The Ruth jersey? My God, it is something a teenager would do for fun. Maybe no one challenges them BECAUSE their stuff is so amateurish. Maybe the powers that be have bigger and more believable fakes to expose. And who exactly is this Chris Morales? Says he was a forensic examiner. For what state? My God, how many people went free or were wrongly convicted on this hack's professional opinion. In a way I guess it is good he went to work on autographs instead of being in a position to put someone in jail on his testimony.

paul
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
What are the lot numbers of the Ruth and Cobb signed jerseys. I'm curious to know if they were Cooperstown Collection or Mitchell & Ness. By the way, that Hugh Duffy signed ball was just gorgeous. Perhaps an official Bobby Brown ball?

jerseygary
07-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't know what the lot numbers were, but they were not on Mitchell & Ness jerseys, they looked like they were on amateur league wool uniforms that could be period. hard to tell because the only pic was a close up of the bogus signature. I'm sure Ty Cobb signed a whole lot of little league jerseys back in the day.

GrayGhost
07-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Nothing beats how TomTresh 2 said in one of his videos not long back that Mike King Kelly had the foresight to date the ball he "SIgned" 1890, knowing that it could be in a Coach's corner auction, and thatd help it out..haha.