PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Drums

cfc1909
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Did anyone win any of the St. Louis find Drums from Legendary? Please post a scan or email me privately

thanks

PEEK enterprises
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
If you are a registered bidder at Legendary, you can search "history" and all of the Drums with scans/closing prices come up. If you are not, send me an email with with any particular one you want to see and I'll try to download it for you.

I wonder how many of the PSA graded "St Louis find" cards, (41) T206 I believe, will end up in SGC holders and whether or not the owners will try to designate them from the "find"?

cfc1909
07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I have scans of the cards and closing prices-I want to know if there is anyone in our community that won one of these cards.

Leon
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I spoke to Doug today about several things......about their live auction, about the things going on in the hobby, Freddie Maguire etc.... All should be very interesting in the future...

Since I saw this question on the board I decided to ask him about the Drums. As there is confidentiality in who bids and wins all he could really tell me is that one high end collector, who he thinks probably doesn't read this board, won all of the T206 Drums as he wanted to keep them together. He wasn't sure about the T205 Drums off hand.... For the record I still consider Doug a friend.....so all of those rumors can continue too :confused: .... I also think all of the Mastro consignors should have been paid but that is just another whole issue. And I tried to help as much as I could with that......Attack away.....

Howe’s Hunter
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
there was a lot in a Mastro auction last year that I was interested in, but knew I wouldn't be able to make a run at. I contacted the folks at Mastro, and explained that I knew it would be unethical for them to tell me who won the lot, but would they be willing to let the winner know I would like to be in contact with them. They asked me to write a letter to the winner, explaining my situation, and they forwarded the letter on to the winner at the completion of the auction. Several days later, I heard from that winner, and have been able to talk a lot about cards with them since, and would consider them a friend.

Guess I'm saying it doesn't hurt to try and work backwards towards what you want.

Leon
07-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I should clarify I was only speaking of the Drums in the April auction.....Doug thought the latter auction had multiple winners.....I don't know if those are board members or not....but I wouldn't blame people for not saying anything publicly right now....Could you blame them?

cfc1909
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I know it is confidential and I can't email everybody so I made this post. Thanks for everyone who replied in this thread and privately and it really did help me.