PDA

View Full Version : Any Information on T210 Series 8 Swacina

oldbugman
07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I am looking for any information on a T210 Old Mill Series 8 card with a player by the name of Harry Swacina. Just wondering if anyone has seen it or might know the value...thank you

Leon
07-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Since I moved this over here from the BST area I guess I can bump it once just to see if anyone knows anything about Swacina?.....best regards

Old Mill Man
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Harry Swacina was Born August 22nd,1881 in St. louis MO and Died June 21st 1944 in birmingham Alabama.The card value varies but since it is a series 8 it may bring 150++.His record in 1910 was 475 AB,149 Hits for a batting average of 314 and managed to collect 23 doubles.Hope this helps,still working on the T-210 article I gotta stop giving away the info,LOL.Good luck in your search.:D

John V
07-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Ralph,
Tell us a little about your article.
John

DixieBaseball
07-11-2009, 10:24 AM
OldBugman :

Swacina played for Mobile, Al. when the T210 card came out, but was a fixture in the Minor Leagues on and off for 2 decades. He played in the Southern Association for Memphis in 1901-02, New Orleans, Nashville, and 2 different stints with Mobile. He also played in Charleston, Louisville, Augusta, among a handful of other cities including some more Northern locations. He also played 4 season in the Big's with Pitts and Baltimore Federal League. (He batted 280, 90 rbi's, 173 hits in 1914 with Baltimore)

- Re: Value -- Ralph is on the money... $150-$225 in Poor to Good condition. Maybe a touch higher if an example surfaces in Vg condition or more...

- It is well documented from many T210 collectors that Series 8 is most likely the toughest series to collect, and I would put this particular player in even a tougher level within the series to find. This series is strange in that there is almost a few different levels of scarcity within the series. Some Series 8 cards are scarce, some really scarce, and others ultra scarce to rare in my humble opinion. I would put Swacina in that really scarce to ultra scare category as I have only seen 1 come around in the last several years for sale. With that being said, there may have been a few of his cards in large lots that have sold, so some of the other folks who track this stuff may have a varying opinion.

- Hope this info helps...

oldbugman
07-12-2009, 08:44 AM
thanks to all on the Swacina information...seems like the few cards I am looking for are always the hardest...wish they made reprints of some of these sets...that would work for me....thanks again