PDA

View Full Version : New Board Feature -related topic threads @ bottom

Leon
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
We (Matt) implemented a new feature on the board today, and while he mentioned it in another thread, I think it's worthy of it's own. With it's own thread I am sure only about 15% of the total board members will even see it. I don't know what the phenomenon is called but I get questions, every day, about things that are the most prolific current topics. I digress..
This new feature pulls up old threads that have the same key words as the one currently being posted about, and lists those threads at the very bottom of the new thread. It allows members to quickly see other discussions of the same topic. Of course this new feature is only enabled with the very first post of the thread, otherwise it would be a mess of a board. We (the other mods and I) hope ya'll are enjoying the new board's functionality and ease of use as much as we are. Thanks again to Matt......regards

Potomac Yank
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
What happened?

Where are they?

Where did they go?

That feature was a great idea, especially for those that don't use the search engine to go further into the topic.

Jim Rivera, and I, were just raving about it at the Chantilly show.

That feature brought up threads that I had forgoten about, or missed before.

Please don't say that it's been dropped. :(
Joe

Leon
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Breath deeply and take it easy. They are still there you just have to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the page to see them.....it is a neat feature of the new board....:cool:

Potomac Yank
07-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Breath deeply and take it easy. They are still there you just have to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the page to see them.....it is a neat feature of the new board....:cool:

Thanks Leon.
Took all my pills as instructed.
Scrolled ALL the way down to the bottom of the page.

Hello Watson, what's this?

A Similar Threads bar? ..... Where did that come from?
Before, when I scrolled down, it went right down to the similar threads.

I hate changes!
But as that English guy said ..... All's well, that ends well. :)

slidekellyslide
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Joe, see the little arrow at the end of the "Similar Threads" bar? Click on it and your threads will reappear. You probably accidentally clicked on it to close them.

19cbb
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Nice addition.

I would also recommend the use of 'TAGS' when posting new threads.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5447/tagsq.jpg

Potomac Yank
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Joe, see the little arrow at the end of the "Similar Threads" bar? Click on it and your threads will reappear. You probably accidentally clicked on it to close them.

Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I did when I was following Leons road map to Oz. :)
When I scrolled down to the bottom of the page, I noticed the Similar Threads bar, something that was in the place where the actual similar threads use to be ... I then noticed the arrow at the far end.
I said to Watson, "I wonder what would happen if I clicked on it?"
The rest is history.

Newbies ... take notice ... Digging is becoming easier than Picking Brains.

Everything that you wanted to know about vintage ... is in your finger tips.
Select the topic, and click on the similar threads. :cool:

Rob D.
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Rather than picking the moderators' brains with questions about the new board, I've found it very rewarding if I dig around for the answer.

Potomac Yank
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Rather than picking the moderators' brains with questions about the new board, I've found it very rewarding if I dig around for the answer.

1 Happy Street ... Is that in Oz? :)

Rob D.
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
It's in Spanish Harlem, Joe.

Potomac Yank
07-15-2009, 12:48 AM
It's in Spanish Harlem, Joe.

How about that, and here I thought it was in Podunk USA. :)