PDA

View Full Version : T206 Related: How many of you have an Apple iPhone?

T206.org
07-03-2009, 01:45 PM
As many of you know I am a software / website guy. Well, my career is beginning to branch into iPhone Application Development and I've been considering putting together a T206.org iPhone App that would encompass a gallery, primarily, but potentially other information and features as well.

Before I put anything together I thought I'd ask how many of you have an iPhone? Would you be interested in such an app for .99 cents? If you wouldn't pay for it, would you at least download it if it was free?

Do any of you have feature ideas? A checklist (good for shows), perhaps?

Thanks

canjond
07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Trae, I have an iPhone. In fact, I'm responding to this thread via it right now. That being said, I'm not sure if I personally would use such an app. The iPhone makes browsing the internet easy and I could easily bring up t206.org if I Ned to browse. Further, I'm not purely a t206 guy so needing images, checklist etc for that set alone would not usually be necessary.

I would be much more interested in an app that listed multiple sets, not just one. Even more important, a vcp type app would be perfect for shows when I want to know fmv of the cards I'm looking to purchase.

Just my thoughts.

rdwyer
07-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I have an iPodTouch. I think it's an excellent idea! I'd like to see an updated T206 pricing app, like you did before on the web. I would pay for anything T206 related for the iphone/iPodTouch.

cyseymour
07-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm in.

Mikehealer
07-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Trae,
I have one and would be interested.
Mike

Ladder7
07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Who doesnt have one?!

rdwyer
07-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I put the entire SCOBBC on my iPodTouch using Aji Annotate. :)

Bamacollection
07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Trae,
I do have an iPhone and any app related to vintage cards would be great! Good luck!

illini805
07-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I have an Iphone and would love an application like that. Thanks for putting thought into doing this!

JLange
07-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I would interested in a vintage card app for iPhone that includes many sets. An ideal app would be one that functions as a personal checklist/image gallery/card pricer. I might be asking a lot I know.

ErikV
07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Trae,

I think it's a great idea! I've kicked around the same idea, but I'm not that computer saavy, at least not with creating an iPhone app.

I like the idea of an application over simply going to the internet. An app seems to better fit the iPhone monitor versus enlarging a webpage from the internet and scrolling side-tp-side and up-down to see the page.

Besides images and a checklist, what other ideas did you have in mind? Depending on the number of features, I would pay a buck or two for something novel and ESPECIALLY if it were user friendly!

Good luck and keep us posted,

ErikV

Comiskey
07-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Trae

I think that having an iphone app would be very cool. I think a great feature would be a checklist where somebody can actually check off the cards they have. I have about five different checklist that I have printed (from your website) and seem to lose from time to time. Having a digital checklist on my iphone would be killer. Also, if we could write in which backs we have, now that would be over the top!

Jeff W.

rdwyer
07-03-2009, 08:35 PM
This actually works on Safari (iPodTouch, iPhone)

www.t206.org/value.php

You have to be online though. Be nice to have an app that doesn't have to be online.

Adam
07-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I use an iPhone and would buy the app, especially if it had a link to current eBay auctions for specific T206 cards.

Leon
07-04-2009, 01:04 PM
What's an Iphone?

My 12 yr old has an Itouch....personally, I am sticking with Big Chief and Crayolas.....

DanP
07-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I have an iphone. I would load any vintage baseball app (and would pay for it). Good luck, Dan

T206.org
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I appreciate the feedback.

I am going to pursue the vintage baseball app in some form, including a T206 specific app without a doubt.

I will keep the forum apprised.