PDA

View Full Version : OT, Bing/Cashback Live snafu

Ladder7
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
In the past several weeks I had four CBL refunds _Fail_ to place the sizeable amt in my PayPal, "But we'll keep trying", is their canned response. I have a few other refunds due to mature and they will likely meet the same fate.

No other medium available for contact, but by several emails to Bing cust. support. I had to dig up four old transactions and fill the many blanks on their "complaint" spreadsheet. We'll see how this goes, though Im not expecting positive results any time soon from Rebecca S, my Bing Rep. :rolleyes: Steve

Anyone else in the same fix?

Rebecca S, "We appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you have further questions, please reply to this email." Oh that's so sweet Becky and allow me to sincerely apologize for being FLIPPIN' UNDERSTANDING!

Typing Rage, sorry gang... Ref; Bing Cashback Live, aka Microsoft Cashback Live

toppcat
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
In the past several weeks I had four CBL refunds Fail to place the sizeable amt in my PP, "But we'll keep trying", is the canned response. I have a few other refs due to mature and they will likely meet the same fate.

No other medium available but by email to Bing cust support. I had to dig up four old transactions and fill the many blanks on their "complaint" spreadsheet. We'll see how this goes and Im not expecting positive results any time soon from Rebecca S, my representative. :rolleyes: Steve

Anyone else?

I don't even know what this means....

Anthony S.
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Er....uh.....have you tried jiggling it?

ChiefBenderForever
06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I had given up on one and then a couple days ago it just appeared out of nowhere so hopefully soon they will show up.

FrankWakefield
06-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I Googled CBL refund and got a page about the Carolina Bear Lodge, I think that is not what's troubling Steve...

What's a CBL refund?

Sean_C
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Back when they were doing this as part of Live.com's cashback, they had a series of simiar problems. Nice to see that Microsoft is consistant. I'm surprised someone hasn't seen this as an opportunity for a class action lawsuit by now.

Ladder7
06-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Wake, Dave Thread repaired... Im ready for a few too many after this insane, webventure. http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/cursormania/files/25/12719a.gif

FrankWakefield
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Ahhh, thank you Steve.

I never tried that with Microsoft. Just seemed not quite right to me. I did do KickItBack, with some success.

Wish you well with Cash Back Live.

sando69
06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
i suggest you file a complaint immediately with the better business bureau.
contact becky & tell her nicely that you have done so, and furthermore, if the situation is not rectified within 7 days to your satisfaction (which i can guarantee you it won't be... i waited over 30), that you are anxious to file a consumer complaint with the washington state attorney general's office.
after filing a quick & simple online form, the wa state ago will contact you.
in addition to your refunds, be sure to also request that the ago launch an immediate investigation into the seemingly fraudulent/corrupt activities associated with the microsoft cashback programs.
keep becky respectfully informed... payment shouldn't be too far behind.
good luck!

Ladder7
06-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Mark, Excellent suggestions. I jumped the gun and became a bitter pr**k after all the damn digging/cutnpasting. The Cashback dispute form is for one ebay ID only... I have several, which complicates things tenfold.

I have a sizeable amount about of fresh refunds due to mature shortly.

My advice, keep a little notebook handy. I wish I had taken notes of the dates, Item #s, transaction IDs, costs before shipping etc etc. Then again, Who would think Microsoft Corp would need the clerical expertise from an old firefighter, with barely a Boston Public ejamacashun :p

I appreciate the direction.

effe
06-27-2009, 09:58 AM
My oldest purchase just passed 3 months, so its at least a month passed due. I also had the same problem with the refunds from last fall. I eventually rec'd those and pretty much expected the same delays with these.
Leave it to Microsoft to turn a free cash promotion into a negative.

Doug
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
I had several deposits last winter that I got the "they failed to deposit to your paypal account, but we'll keep trying" message on. I think it took about 3 days in each case, but they finally did all go through.