PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Pelayo aka USER ID tycobb

Leon
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately our member Jorge Pelayo, aka tycobb, has been up to his old tricks again about not following through with deals. I am not saying anything disparaging other than he just can't seem to make the B/S/T work for him. Very recently he has not followed through with yet another deal. We have warned him over and over and over. Search the board and you will see. The reason I am posting here is that it seems when we do we uncover more deals that are floundering. Jorge is now banned from our BST sections forever. He can still participate on the board just not in those sections. Another feature of the new board is to have that luxury to only ban from certain forums for just these cases, which are few and far between, thank goodness. Be advised he won't be able to see the B/S/T anymore so if you have anything going on with him be careful. This is a shame......best regards

Smokey Joe
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Thats too bad, i have done a few deals in the past with him. As we all have had problems in our life at some point, Jorge seemed to enjoy collecting but also went beyond his means.

I guess this may help him get his feet on the ground since he won't be able to buy on B/S/T.

At least he is a nice guy other than not paying fast. His email corresponding were very pleasant and from what i know he is a single father working full-time.

Leon
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I will reiterate that he is a very nice guy. He just has a ton of other obligations that get in the way of his deals. I would certainly buy him a beer and talk cards......This isn't a personal issue it's for his own good....Kind of like taking the pipe away from a crack addict......(but not that bad as these are just cards) .....

Ladder7
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I sympathize...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/oche16/family/hooked.jpg

Jacklitsch
06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's a name from the past.

Yep, nice guy but he does let things slip.

asoriano
06-26-2009, 12:55 PM
That's a bummer to hear. I've always had positive transactions with Jorge on the B/S/T.

Leon
06-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I've had 3 separate, private emails about recent deals gone sour with Jorge......I sort of figured as much. Darn history seems to always repeat itself.....:(

cfc1909
06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I have had 1 deal with Jorge-an even up trade-a c46 for a ObaK with red back. The trade went well. After we agreed on the trade, I mailed his card the next day. I received mine from him in about 2 weeks. I think the deal was good for both of us. I would trade with him again. I will use caution with a purchase -this thread has come up more than twice...:confused:

You should put more value on your reputation than a piece of cardboard.

shammus
06-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I've had deals with Jorge turn out positively as well. In each instance though I had to really be patient with payment as he often took months to pay for a card. I also had to really be persistant with follow up emails or else the deal would have surely fallen through the cracks. I like Jorge but I think he gets in trouble on the board pretty easily.

I also support placing this notice on the main page, which I know is not easy for Leon to do. However, this way, people who are currently working with him will be aware of what's going on, others can take caution and like Leon said, additional stories will probably surface as well.

I do like Jorge though and we want to keep him on the main board for sure. I just hope he can get things straightened out at somepoint with regards to his buying and selling.

-Brian

Potomac Yank
06-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree with all those that can see, and understand the problem here.
Jorge is not one of those that gets up in the morning with a plan on how to screw fellow collectors. ... the man is a good guy.
What we're seeing is one of the symptoms, and results of The Monster Insanity.
The monster has been around for one hundred years, and I have a feeling that it will be around for a few years more.
My point being ... be patient amigo ... there's no need to bite off more than you can chew ... it'll be there for the next feeding.

Jorge, hopefully this will help.
I started re collecting after 50, rather late don't you think?
Contrary to popular belief, modest means, but lots of researching, and lots of balls.
What was in my favor was, I could take chances, and no one but me would be affected ... that helped my insanity a great deal. :)

Be cool Jorge, the idea is to maintain your hobby as a sublimation, and not make it another added problem to forget.

Does any one know when the next Monster Anonymous meeting will be?

Joe Pelaez

2dueces
06-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I also started re collecting near 50 and started the Monster from scratch. I don't think that's old and better late than never. Wish I would have collected cards and not ex wives in my younger years. :)

Potomac Yank
06-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I also started re collecting near 50 and started the Monster from scratch. I don't think that's old and better late than never. Wish I would have collected cards and not ex wives in my younger years. :)

Collector of ex wives, I hope that you did a little better with The Monster, than what you did with all your ex wives. :)

You missed my whole point, and I'm beginning to understand the wives. :D