PDA

View Full Version : Pictures & Albums

Mr. Mitt
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I enjoy browsing others' albums that they've created on the site, but can't find an easy way to access them. By clicking the "Community" tab, there is a "Pictures & Albums" section, but this just lists the recently updated albums. Is there a way to find a complete listing of all created albums (I can't seem to figure this out if there is)? If if doesn't exist, a direct link to an "Albums" section of the site on the home page may be a great addition!

Leon
06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I enjoy browsing others' albums that they've created on the site, but can't find an easy way to access them. By clicking the "Community" tab, there is a "Pictures & Albums" section, but this just lists the recently updated albums. Is there a way to find a complete listing of all created albums (I can't seem to figure this out if there is)? If if doesn't exist, a direct link to an "Albums" section of the site on the home page may be a great addition!

This is a great suggestion. I will speak with the techy guys and see what we can do....best regards

Leon
06-25-2009, 06:19 PM
When you are logged in click on the community tab (right above here in the dark blue line area) and go to the pulldown to the pictures and albums section. That is where you will see all of the albums, altogether.

The way it's done is to adjust the admin control panel button (only mods can see) to allow for the last XXX days of "recently updated" albums to be seen. I made that number much larger. We shouldn't have an issue for a long time to come, but who knows? I don't think this would have been so doable, especially so quickly, on the old board either!!
Matt W. came up with the solution; thanks much.

Matt
06-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Always happy to help. I'd also add that many of us use off-site albums to host our albums and you can see those by going to the Community -> Member List page and clicking the link for those members who have a "www" web site icon.

Kawika
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
While we're on the subject . . .
I created an album today and was wondering if there is a way to reorder the sequence of the pictures. The editing feature seems very limited. Is there some trick I need to know? TIA

Matt
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
While we're on the subject . . .
I created an album today and was wondering if there is a way to reorder the sequence of the pictures. The editing feature seems very limited. Is there some trick I need to know? TIA

David - the vBulletin software has very few limitations, but as the album feature is newer to the software they haven't implemented much functionality and you've found one of the limitations. For anyone who wants a more fully featured album experience that is also free, I highly recommend picasaweb. (http://picasaweb.google.com/)

Leon
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
I looked behind the scenes and didn't see anything that helps the editing once the pics are in the albums.... I am sure someone has programmed a fix but we are leery of adding outside things to the s/w, because when updates are made they can become an issue. regards

woops Matt answered at the same time...always listen to him not me :)

Kawika
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, guys. Un-implemented functionality it is; I was hoping there was some secret passageway. No biggie. I already have a pretty good thing going with my ImageEvent site but thought I would add some cards to the Net54bb.com site as well in case somebody needed really bad to see an M110 Wagner or a D304 Cobb or a T3 Speaker.

Mr. Mitt
06-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Leon. It now works well via the "Community" link. I believe "Gallery" icon placed near the 'Vintage Links" icon with the bat in the menu bar would encourage members to view more often and post albums of their own. Just a thought.

Matt
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
thought I would add some cards to the Net54bb.com site as well in case somebody needed really bad to see an M110 Wagner

I need to see it, but a web album won't suffice - need to see it in hand please :)