PDA

View Full Version : Which GAI would you trust

JamesGallo
06-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I know there has been a lot of talk about how GAI missed some things on cards, and generally thier cards are a half or a full grade higher then the should be but overall I think they were ok with cards.

Do you trust thier autograph COA's

What about the graded packs and boxes, aside from the tobacco packs that I know are wrong.

Since no one else is grading backs and rack packs is it still worth it to have something in a GAI holder, or regardless is it just better to pull it out.

Is there any point to keeping anything with this company name on it?

Last I heard they weren't done, but I doubt that and think they just have no chance to make it back anyway.

James G

canjond
06-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I am pretty sure GAI is still considered the best when it comes to packs. I know PSA grades packs now, but even recent auctions continue to sell GAI stuff and certainly the GAI encapsulated packs seem to sell higher than PSA graded packs.

slidekellyslide
06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Wasn't there just a thread here recently about Graded wax packs and that GAI had graded a bunch of resealed wax? I'm not sure how anyone can tell if a wax pack has been resealed...I remember opening those packs...some of them you didn't even have to use any effort to open them at all and others you had to tear the wrapper to get them out. IMO it's a huge leap of faith (just like many other aspects of our hobby) buying unopened wax packs.

Back on to the main topic - I wouldn't trust GAI with anything personally.

Jay Wolt
06-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Since no one else is grading backs and rack packs is it still worth it to have something in a GAI holder
James G

A friend sent me this last week, knowing I'd get a laugh out of it.
The slab is huge, I couldn't even fit it all on my scanner bed. The pack
also has some corners bent which could have been preserved better
w/ a smaller "tighter" slab.
This slab is way too big to display, but yet it does make me smile when I
look at it. So I'll probably leave it as is as opposed to cracking it open.

But to answer your question James. If I was looking for this pack I would
not pay a premium for the slab. And its too big to display especially if you
have other packs you want to display side by side.
Granted its a hair bigger then a standard Topps pack, but they could
have used a postcard size slab to protect it.

http://www.qualitycards.com/pictures/gaislab.jpg