PDA

View Full Version : BST beware...Bace

Leon
06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I have asked the question of our member Bace (aka Brian Crotts aka CardsForMs) and not got a response yet. Bace is our official first person ever to get an infraction on this board. I would like to know if the card listed on ebay is listed by the same person on the BST (Crotts)? If it is then I think there is some 'splainin to do.....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=729003#post729003

rhettyeakley
06-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Wouldn't be overly surprising given Brian's past on the old Net54 board.
-Rhett

Fred
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Is this the same person that was going to make a "donation" to MS if he sold an incorrectly PSA authenticated autograph on a 1939 Playball?

deadballera
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
the card looks pretty darn close to the one offered on BST

Jim VB
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
This guy has been a pain in the butt several times, to several different people, on this board and others.

Now he comes on here, with a new user name and it took, what, a month, to raise concerns again.

Thanks for letting us know who he is, Leon. Now I know who to avoid.

Leon
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
NO worries. We look out for each other and I have some responsibility to help when I can. If you click on BACE's name and go to his profile...and click on infractions, you will see I made a new category just for him. Even before this new ebay debacle he has one point for "acting weird".....My gut tells me Bace is going to be very short lived on this board....unless something changes quickly or there is a real good explanation for all of this crap.

ethicsprof
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
thanks for keepin' an eye out for us, Leon.
b/s/t is my favorite shopping place and trust is a key reason for it being so.

best,
barry

Leon
06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
BACE (Brian Crotts) said he sent me an email 2 hours ago. I just checked my spam folder and both email addresses. No email. If I DO get an email, and it is dated from the time he said he sent it (and it just got hung in cyperspace, which can happen, though I doubt this one did) AND he has a good explanation for these situations then I will reinstate him. Until then he is banned. I don't expect ANY special treatment from anyone but if he will do this to me, and put the card on ebay and the BST at the same time, then what else will he do? It's not worth having someone get burned. Sorry for the interruption but obviously this is important as there is still his card on the BST for sale....and now with a bid on ebay too. If anyone emails him from the board he won't be able to respond either. Now back to cards.....regards [/URL]

[URL="http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=12"] (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)

barrysloate
06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I think he has earned the banning. He consistently conducts himself in a less than ethical manner.

asphaltman
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
:eek:

Bicem
06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I miss him already.

Mrc32
06-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I miss him already.

Miss who?

scooter729
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
No change here. Last time around, he sold me a T3 on ebay (and fortunately I got it) while selling it a week later and collecting money from someone here on the BST.

He's not going to change, Leon. Email or no email, this stuff can't go on. The ban needs to stay permanent!

barrysloate
06-10-2009, 01:52 PM
You will really increase your profit margin when you can sell the same card two or more times.

Jacklitsch
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
You will really increase your profit margin when you can sell the same card two or more times.

Now why didn't I think of that? Brilliant!!

Fred
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not into "banning" people but, if the person really deserves it and banning protects the integrity of the board then it's something that should definitely be considered.

Leon, can we all take a vote and make it a reality type of banning? Lets all vote him off the island... permanantly... I guess in baseball terms that means they can ask for reinstatement after a period of time. It's like a life sentence with the possibility of parole...

Bicem
06-10-2009, 02:26 PM
ban Fred.

calvindog
06-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Barry, very astute business sense you have. Your business model reminds me of the model employed by the Underwear Gnomes from South Park:

Phase 1: Collect Underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit!

Leon
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Banning is saved for the most severe situations. I am not in favor of putting any banning to a vote as I don't think it needs to be a spectacle. This makes a total of 3 known people in about 5 yrs I have moderated, that have been banned (that I can think of). Elkins (easy call), a guy named Aaron1050 who called me a liar and then taunted me to do it privately and Brian Crotts. I only mention these folks so there is transperancy. I really don't like banning anyone. best regards

Rob D.
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I am not in favor of putting any banning to a vote as I don't think it needs to be a spectacle.

Agree. 100 percent.

Leon
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Brian just emailed me and threatened me with a lawsuit for slander. Since everything I said is true I told him to go for it. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have been threatened to be sued over this board. Oh well....

batsballsbases
06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Leon,
Dont forget Peter C!!! :D:D:D;););)

barrysloate
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
It's also from the Max Bialystock school of business: sell 10,000% of a play, and you will reap a fortune. Just be absolutely certain it fails.

Leon
06-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, I forgot Peter Chao......I said "that I remember" :)

slidekellyslide
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Brian just emailed me and threatened me with a lawsuit for slander. Since everything I said is true I told him to go for it. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have been threatened to be sued over this board. Oh well....

I guess that email got through to you with no problem.... :p

rhettyeakley
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Was that Adam Moraine guy ever banned or just temporarily asked to leave?

Leon
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I guess that email got through to you with no problem.... :p

Believe me, I thought the exact same thing......Actually, he told me to take this thread down and I told him to take a hike......He called me a tough internet guy....I told him not at all.....and to just go find another forum. I don't hate him I just don't think he is a good fit for our community...that is all.

Rhett- Adam M was banned by Brian M....I was on vacation when that whole ordeal went down...

Anthony S.
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I think he meant "libel."

batsballsbases
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Leon,
No problem. Its so easy to forget when you have to deal with some of these A___Holes.:eek: Peter C ,:eek:Brian C. ABC one tends to get what one deserves!:eek:

Bicem
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Peter C was actually a nice guy, just couldn't help himself from posting garbage.

Jacklitsch
06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Peter C was actually a nice guy, just couldn't help himself from posting garbage.

Thank you Jeff. I was going to say the same thing before I saw your post. I like Peter, having dined and danced with him (well my wife danced with him) and I think Marcus is of the same opinion.

I think Peter should be reinstated if he was a mind to want back in.

dstudeba
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Peter C had positive enthusiasm; I hope (and don't doubt) he is doing well.

Leon
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
If ya'll will remember I never wanted to ban Peter C. My hand was forced on it. I never had a big issue with him. He was strange but never harmed anyone. He absolutely has a green light to come back. He is not banned.....

dstudeba
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree Leon. Unfortunately Peter's ethusiasm would get the better of him and therefore this forum was probably not the best place for him.

Fred
06-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Uh, the public vote on "banning" was a joke. I agree with Jeff, ban Fred! And lets put it to a vote of the N54 contributors.

Doug
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Did Marshall Barkman ever get banned or did he just not come over to the new board?

cfc1909
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I am with Barry on this one-if you sell a card a few times you will have a better profit :eek:

Doug-marshall has too much going on to hang out here-music, golf, etc

Leon
06-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Marshall was never banned. I actually liked him a bit but he was just too over the top on his interaction. The way he spoke insulted too many members. I asked him to leave and he did but he was never banned.

Sorry Fred- Many times it's hard to tell when someone is just joking around, even with a smiley.

Jim VB
06-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Leon,

What are you going to do??? If this guy comes after you, where will you ever find a lawyer???

Doug
06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Marshall was never banned. I actually liked him a bit but he was just too over the top on his interaction.

I'm all in favor of people speaking their mind, but coming onto the board and insulting as many people as possible right off the bat doesn't make a good impression. I'm probably as over the top as he is (if not worse), but I know how to tone myself down when it doesn't fit the environment. :)

Leon
06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Great point. That is the exact point too. He couldn't tone it down...and that does tend to be a problem on a public, mostly mild mannered chat board. He possibly had an esteem issue as an underlying problem. That or a simple maturity issue. best regards

shammus
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
There have only been two people that I've banned. Adam Moraine I remember well because he was the first person I banned. I can't remember the second guy's name however Marshall Barkman showed up at the same time I banned the guy and I remember people thinking that Marshall was an alias of that person. Wish I could remember......

Don't especially like banning of course but sometimes, for the sanity of the rest of the community, tough decisions have to be made.

Doug
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
It seems like there was some guy named Octavio44 or something that was posting nonsensical things in the B/S/T and the main board and was using some other ID like Lakers44 that got banned around that time.

ChiefBenderForever
06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Luther Campbell was banned in the U.S.A.

sgbernard
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Am I making this up, or was there a kid who must have been like 12 who had a username with "jordan" in it that got banned? Or was that one of the people we've mentioned.

Leon
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Am I making this up, or was there a kid who must have been like 12 who had a username with "jordan" in it that got banned? Or was that one of the people we've mentioned.

I think he came on the old board as Jordan1863...kept asking the same questions over and over and over.....and finally I think I did boot him. But I am not sure I remember, or knew, his name...though I think I did. You guys are good....and I am forgetful. :(

sgbernard
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I know, Leon, remembering all these guys kicked off, no way am I outbidding you on the BST now! ;)

canjond
06-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I thought you banned Jay, too. At least for a bit?

Griffins
06-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Leon, didn't you ban Dr. Koos? Or was that Elliot that booted him?

Leon
06-11-2009, 06:37 AM
My memory was poor. When I made the statement earlier I was thinking of who is banned now. There have been several others, including Jay and Lee B, that got banned and reinstated. Dr.Koos was before me being a moderator....though I was on the board at the time. My apologies for thinking of it the wrong way. I would rather focus on how many great new members have come aboard in the last 5 yrs....

kcohen
06-11-2009, 08:56 AM
If you haven't already, I think Jerry Lee Lewis should be banned for marrying his 13-year old cousin.

Jim VB
06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
In the spirit that we have all come to expect from Brian, after he listed his card on the BST for $125, and listed it for auction on Ebay (I think the bidding got close to $12!), he let it run for a few days and then ended the listing early.

Thank goodness for consistency.

illini805
06-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks Leon for letting us know about people like this. :)