PDA

View Full Version : Auction Result Prices & The Economy.

sports-rings
06-09-2009, 06:54 AM
What do you guys think of some of the high end auction prices we have recently seen? I really only collect rings and the economy does not seem to have had a negative effect on the prices realized for high quality items (as far as rings go).

Also, I'm glad to see Leland's is finally back with an auction, seems like they have some great stuff in their auction.

Mike The Ring Guy.

Leon
06-09-2009, 07:13 AM
You haven't really been on this board for a long time but we have discussed this, at least on the card side, many times. It seems the great stuff still brings the great prices. The mediocre, but still nice stuff, has gone down some. Most common pre-war, regular collectible cards, have gone down about 30%-50% over the last 2 yrs....at least that is what I have personally seen. Some auction houses write about extraordinary record breaking prices. Yeah, those are on the obscure pieces that are never seen. They fail to mention the other 70%-75% of items that sucked....not that it's their fault but NO auction company, or venue, is immune to it. I laugh out loud at some of the rhetoric I see spewed....

shimozukawa
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM