PDA

View Full Version : T-3 Backs

HercDriver
05-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Do the back variations in the T-3 set occur with common fronts, or is there only one possible front/back combo for each card? If there are multiple combos, does anybody have a "master list" of the combos?

Thanks!
Geno

vwtdi
05-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Geno,

If you're referring to the No Address checklist back variation, they are only found on cards 1-76. Cards 77-126 have both the checklist back and the advertising backs, cards 1-76 have the 1-75 and 1-76 checklist backs. I don't think I've ever seen a 1-75 No Address checklist back and I can't speak to a certain card only carrying a particular back, but...

Craig Diamond can help with that.

T3s
05-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Geno,

Keith is right on.

First series cards (1-76) can be found with 3 different backs - 1-75 checklist, 1-76 checklist and 1-76 checklist w/no-ad. The only exception is McIntyre - Brooklyn, which will only be found with the 1-75 checklist back.

Second series cards (77-126) can generally be found with two back variations - checklist and Turkey Red ad-back. The exceptions here are with the variations. Doolan will only have a checklist back, Doolin will only have an ad-back. Paskert-Cin will only have a checklist back, Paskert-Cin&Phil will only have an ad-back. Tenney-NY will only have a checklist back, Tenney-NY&Bos will only have an ad-back. Lastly, certain cards are extremely difficult to locate with an ad-back (Bender, Burns, Browne, Bell - a pattern?) and I'm confident that Rhoades was never issued with an ad-back.

Hope that helps!

Craig

White Borders
05-30-2009, 01:25 PM
For more info, check out Craig Diamond's awesome T3 site:

http://www.t3turkeyred.com/index.html

HercDriver
05-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks, guys! I was asking to add to my Doc Hoblitzell Master List that I'm working on. Sounds like I need two Hobbys to knock the T3's off the list...

Take Care,
Geno