PDA

View Full Version : Question about the National

forazzurri2axz
05-26-2009, 08:22 AM
If I wanted to start a raw average condition t206 or t205 set, can one generally find a good quantity at the National (I already have graded sets).And more importantly, are the prices, especially for the commons, MORE expensive than ebay or the B/S/T here or about the same??

Additionally, if one is filling raw sets from the mid fifties to late sixties, in ex/emt condition, are the prices higher than the typical $1-$3 on ebay etc. just BECAUSE it's the National or about the same??

thanks for feedback bill

E93
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
You can definitely find a lot of raw T205s and T206s at the National. Prices vary. You can usually get better prices if you buy in bulk.
JimB

Tyler
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I was in the early stages of my raw T205 set at last year's National and walked away quite pleased. For the commons I think I was right at or a little below eBay, but HOF's seemed to be costing me more. I'm down to 12 cards left and hope to find the bulk of them in Cleveland.

martyogelvie
05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Tyler,
good luck finding those 12 at the national. I am sure you will get close if not complete!

I think it was at a National that I got a glimpse of my first T206 cards... I counldn't image what folks saw in those cards back then, now I can't imagine why I couldn't see it then... :(

Leon
05-26-2009, 12:46 PM
If I wanted to start a raw average condition t206 or t205 set, can one generally find a good quantity at the National (I already have graded sets).And more importantly, are the prices, especially for the commons, MORE expensive than ebay or the B/S/T here or about the same??

Additionally, if one is filling raw sets from the mid fifties to late sixties, in ex/emt condition, are the prices higher than the typical $1-$3 on ebay etc. just BECAUSE it's the National or about the same??

thanks for feedback bill

if you go not expecting anything then you will not be disappointed. I have had mixed luck on finding cards but have always had a great time otherwise.....For those that like the social aspects of the hobby (most everyone on the board) it is a good time...regards

Jewish-collector
05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Bill (& those of you who haven't made up your mind on going) -

GO TO THE NATIONAL !!! You will have a fantastic time, regardless of how much or how little you find. I can't stress enough how enjoyable the show is, especially the social aspects of the hobby.

Alan

mark evans
05-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with Alan. I've bought very little at the National over the years but, if you like cards (hello?), you'll feel like a kid in the ultimate candy store. And, socializing with the Net54 crowd, especially the dinner, is an added bonus.

Mark