PDA

View Full Version : Legal help needed with ebay

danmckee
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
About 8 years ago I had an ebay employee fraudulently suspend me for no good reason and I came to this board for help.

A lawyer answered who was only a lurker but knew the head of the legal Department at ebay and contacted him.

I was contacted by an ebay representative that immediately helped me and was very upset at the internal fraud that was committed.

I now have a similar situation going on though I am not suspended but it is blatant internal fraud being committed by a friend or relative of the seller.

I have called ebay 5 times and I keep getting blown off. It is like they know something is wrong but they don't want to deal with it.

The last rep I talked to actually yelled at me and was very nasty.

I am now seeking that kind gentleman that helped me before about 8 to 10 years ago.

Sincerely,

Dan Mckee

baseballart
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Dan

Ebay's customer service is the ultimate in byzantine bureaucracy. Good luck with it.

Max

Scott Daloisio
05-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Dan, you may want to try Jim Griffits at eBay. He is a pretty level headed guy who will always listen and do his best to help. And, he is quite a ways up the totem pole there. His E-mail address is: griff@ebay.com

danmckee
05-19-2009, 02:11 PM
awesome! thanks Scott!!

Rob D.
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Please keep us posted, Dan.

danmckee
05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
just got this:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the item you won.

I can see that that you are not satisfied with this matter.
Unfortunately, because of privacy concerns I will not be able to provide
you with any information on another members account but I can assure you
eBay will conduct a full investigation. We
will no longer be able to discuss this situation further with you
through either email or phone support.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish you luck with
your future eBay transactions.

Doug
05-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow, they are going to "investigate", but they won't discuss it any more? No wonder that place is going downhill.

Cat
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
If someone takes a bullet (figuratively speaking) because they messed with your account as a favor to a friend, they're not going to describe what actions they are taking. See what happens to your account, then make a judgement.

JK
05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Dan, do you mind explaining exactly what happened to your account.

danmckee
05-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I will gladly after I give them ample time to correct a fraudulent mistake on their end. Dan.

Scott Daloisio
05-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Dan, is that the response you received from Griff? If so, sorry, I thought he would do more or provide more information.

botn
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
That reply looks like the typical one generated by ebay's overly competent trust and safety department. Seen those many times so it seems Dan just needs to get to a person who actually reads emails and types a response.