PDA

View Full Version : Cardpricer vs. VCP?

jlynch1960
05-15-2009, 04:48 AM
I tried searching prior posts to see if there were any on Cardpricer, but didn't come up with anything. I used VCP for a while and thought it was great but dumped it because I was not actively buying anything more that T206 commons. Has anyone tried Cardpricer - it's half the monthly cost of VCP. It looks pretty bare bones, but all I'm looking for is recent price info and, perhaps, links to the auctions.

Just plain bad marketing - offer a 7-10 day free trial period. If the site is worth it, people will stick with it.

Abravefan11
05-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I tried cardpricer.com a year or so ago and found that their auction data was not as current a VCP so I went with VCP. That may have changed by now, I don't know.

Cardpricer.com does offers a two week free trail. Sign up for a membership and the first two weeks are free. If during that time you decided you don't want to continue with the site, you can cancel and will not be charged. I used this trail offer before making my decision and the Cardpricer.com people were very helpful even when I canceled.

Matt
05-15-2009, 05:25 AM
I tried searching prior posts to see if there were any on Cardpricer, but didn't come up with anything.

When I search for cardpricer I come up with 19 hits - how were you searching?

jlynch1960
05-15-2009, 06:18 AM
I went to the homepage and under "search" I typed in Cardpricer. I got 19 hits too, but after reading twenty posts about Jim Bunning's handshake and politics and about Drum wrappers, and scanning through the rest, I was unable to locate any info that addressed my questions. What am I missing?

Wasn't aware of the trial offer - just noted that the homepage had a free membership but stated it didn't include pricing information. If there is still a free trial period, that's just poor web design. Whoops, went back and looked at the site - Now I see the free trial period - that's just poor eyesight.

martyogelvie
05-15-2009, 06:19 AM
One thing that Cardpricer doesn't have or at least didn't have that VCP does is pricing for other sports besides baseball. My main interest if pre war baseball but I do collect a lot of football and since Cardpricer didn't include that.. I prefer VCP.

Abravefan11
05-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Wasn't aware of the trial offer - just noted that the homepage had a free membership but stated it didn't include pricing information. If there is still a free trial period, that's just poor web design.

At the top of their home page there is a "Price Guide" button.

If you click on that is says:

"Not a member? Learn more about our membership options! Click Here (Includes 2 Week Free Trail)"

Matt
05-15-2009, 06:42 AM
I went to the homepage and under "search" I typed in Cardpricer. I got 19 hits too, but after reading twenty posts about Jim Bunning's handshake and politics and about Drum wrappers, and scanning through the rest, I was unable to locate any info that addressed my questions. What am I missing?

I searched the same way, but instead clicked on the threads that seemed relevant - the two titled "how good is vintagecardprices.com" and "vintagecardprices????" looked more promising to me then one about Jim Bunning.

No matter - I thought when you said your search came up empty that you meant no results were returned.