PDA

View Full Version : SGC Accepting Submissions in White Plains & Pittsburgh This Weekend!

spacktrack
05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

SGC will again be at two shows this weekend accepting submissions to bring back to NJ for grading. We will be at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY and Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, PA Friday through Sunday.

Show hours and information for the Pittsburgh show can be found at the link below:

Pittsburgh (http://www.jpaulsports.com/shows.html)

Show hours and information for the White Plains show can be found at the link below:

White Plains (http://www.nyshows.org/White_Plains_Shows_Next_Show.html)

Please stop by to say hello and drop off submissions throughout the weekend.

Thank you!

Brian Dwyer
SGC
1-800-742-9212 x114

martyogelvie
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
I have never been to the White Plains show but attended the PIttsburgh show about 6 years ago.. I think.

We simply don't have any shows (large or small) down south any more. :(

bcbgcbrcb
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I will be attending the White Plains Show this weekend and will be sure to stop and visit at the SGC booth.

donmuth
05-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I have never been to the White Plains show but attended the PIttsburgh show about 6 years ago.. I think.

We simply don't have any shows (large or small) down south any more. :(

Some of us Southerners should organize a big vintage focused card show!

Back when I lived in TN (in Cordova - outside of Memphis - and in Knoxville) there was at least the occassional show that was half-way decent.

Since I moved to North Alabama 9 years ago, there are absolutely no shows anytime. The closest one is apparently in Murfreesboro, TN and I have heard it only has a couple of vintage dealers at best.

calvindog
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Can anyone give me an idea if the White Plains show is worth a short trip?

canjond
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Can anyone give me an idea if the White Plains show is worth a short trip?

Generally not worth it unless you need to pick up/drop off grading or pick up some supplies. While there may be occasional vintage materials and a nice find, they are few and far between.

calvindog
05-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Jon, thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

oldjudge
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Jeff-I've found some really nice pieces there, but it's really hit and miss. If you go expecting to find nothing you are often pleasantly surprised.

yanksfan09
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I too am mulling over the trip this weekend. I went once a few years ago to one of there big shows and I found a few things. Anyone know if 707 sportscards will be there? They were there the one time I went. they had a lot, can be a bit pricey, but they have a lot of stuff.

That was the only time I went,not sure if it would be worth about an 1 hr 45min - 2 hour drive?

Right now I'm about 30% chance of going.....

JamesGallo
05-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Man you guys crack me up. So many times I hear there are no shows around. Is this show great, no, but it has many of the same dealers at the big reading show. I have had mixed luck there but I don't mind the 2 hour drive to spend a day looking at cards.

I don't think 707 will be there as I don't recall seeing them. I am sure they would have it on thier site.

Some decent autograph guys there at more reasonable prices unlike the crazy prices we have seen recently.

James G

sesop
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
does anyone know what hours SGC will be in white plains on sunday?
couldn't find anything on their website.
thanks in advance...

JamesGallo
05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I think they are there the whole time of the show, certainly in the morning and I doubt they would leave early but that is possible.

spacktrack
05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
We'll be set up for the entire duration of the show on Saturday (10 to 5) and Sunday (10 to 4).

Thanks,

Brian Dwyer
SGC

sesop
05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Just got home from the White Plains show. Surprisingly more vintage than the past few shows I've been to there. I brought a bunch of cards for grading- met Michael Goldberg- very nice, helpful and smart guy. Picked up a T204 Knight. My first Ramly. Was in GAI holder and is now in Michael's bag for SGC...

Anyone else go?

JamesGallo
05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I was there yesterday and it was a ghost town. If you were buying you would have been in great shape. There wasn't much for me however, but I also gave a pile of stuff to Micheal and did manage to pick up 3 Boston Store cards including 1 hall of famer. I had a nice time chating with a few guys and enjoyed my day.

James G