PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Doyle seller from 2 weeks ago

forazzurri2axz
05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
A couple of weeks ago there was a post of a Doyle NY Nat'l found in a garage sale--without going into too much detail, it is not real even if it is presented in a PSA holder. Thanks to those much more expert than I for their advice and suggestions. BTW, the cert # corresponds to a Doyle Sweet Cap without the Nat'l.

barrysloate
05-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Since it's not real, why would it end up in a PSA holder at all?

birdman42
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Since it's not real, why would it end up in a PSA holder at all?

Barry, I think he means that the card might, for example, show up in an eBay auction with a pic showing it in a PSA holder. And if someone went to the trouble to check the cert number they'd see that it was in fact a Doyle, just with no designation as to the presence or absence of the "Nat'l" It's simple enough to drop an image of the bogus card in over the real one in a photo.

The card wouldn't actually be in a PSA holder, it would just look as if it were.

Bill

barrysloate
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

Kotton King
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I think I saw a Doyle sold on Ebay a couple months ago that had the correct certification number corresponding to the actual card, but the flip was labeled as a Doyle NY Nat'l.

or....

The flip was labeled as a Doyle NY Nat'l and the corresponding cert. number also said it was a Doyle NY Nat'l, but it was the regular version.

It was a PSA error, but I can't remember which way the error went.