PDA

View Full Version : 1947 Autograph Collection

gashouse34
05-10-2009, 12:51 AM
I recently purchased a collection of 12 large notebook pages of 1947 baseball autographs. While I cannot be for certian( I'm still working on the provenance ) this collection could have possibly belonged to a Yankees batboy back in the late '40's. The teams from this collection are from the Yankees, NY Giants, Pirates,Tigers,White Sox, Reds, Phillies and Cardinals. They are mostly from the 1947 season but some names are also associated with the '46 and '48 seasons. None of these autographs are authenticated at this time. I'm really not interested in keeping this collection but just purchased it because I knew it was very cheap and wouldn't be losing much if they weren't of much value. My question would be if these would be better to try and sell (and authenticate) as cuts or maybe keep them together as a whole notebook page per team? Please forgive my ignorance on this subject.
Regards,
Brandon

Vintagedegu
05-10-2009, 01:25 AM
-

HexsHeroes
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Personally, I have a much higher preference for purchasing whole pages, rather than cuts. I enjoy framing team signed page(s) with an appropriate year team photo. While I suppose the same could be done with cuts, with use of a custom cut mat, whole page(s) are very easy to work with. If and when you do sell, I look forward to the opportunity to obtain the Detroit team signed sheet(s), if kept intact.

Thanks.

gashouse34
05-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks for all those interested in this collection...These sheets have unfortunately all been laminated by a previous owner. I hadn't realized that it was such an issue with value but a lesson learned is a lesson not forgotten is this hobby.