PDA

View Full Version : www.T206museum and Collector Linked to Fake T206 Overprints. (continuation)

Leon
05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Ya'll
I tried to put some code into a post in the first thread of Johns, that outed the overprint scammer. For some reason posts are not being seen too well in that thread. If you click on the number on the right, where it says "posts", you will see who posted and then if you click on one of those you can see the latter posts. It's difficult to see them otherwise. So some of the html I entered made everything after that post mostly invisible. I think we can get it back but for now we can post in this thread. Sorry about that.

cfc1909
05-09-2009, 08:52 PM
it still looks like you can read all the posts but they are all boxed into your post for some reason

Doug
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
It's coming up fine for me. I'm on Firefox so I don't know if that makes a difference or not?

cfc1909
05-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Barry
someone emailed me and said tobe is not one word-why didn't you correct me:)

BillyCoxDodgers3B
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Barry
someone emailed me and said tobe is not one word-why didn't you correct me:)

Oh, but it is (despite what Barry might say about your "massacring" the English language).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobe_Hooper

barrysloate
05-10-2009, 04:46 AM
I saw that Jim, but if I corrected every spelling, grammar, and usage error on the board it would become a full time job.:)

danmckee
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
No sweat here Leon, don't beat yourself up over it, anything new is going to have a few little kinks to work out. Although I am old and have a million kinks I can't work out.

I too saw posts within posts but I figured the latter poster was just using the prior poster's words to show what they are commenting against?

Seems reasonable

Dan

Leon
05-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the words of support. Now I know "not" how to try to post a picture. Don't use one of the little html tag thingys. Also, after I did that I couldn't even edit or delete that post. It's like I locked myself out of it.:eek: So I started this thread. I did go ahead and make the original thread a sticky and will leave it for a few days, or so.

I got an email yesterday from the scammer. He said he was going to make an apology on the board. I think we are still waiting.....regards

danmckee
05-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes I must have missed the apology, hopefully he will be compensating the people with the other fakes as well. Dano

bcornell
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Very satisfying to see this guy get exposed. I remember that Dan was on to "tfever" years back and the guy knew it, as he would take anonymous potshots at him on the old board.

This is yet another example of how people who go to crazy lengths to remain anonymous are almost always scammers (see the user Cashews for one recent example). Wanting privacy is understandable, but wanting to be unknown should raise a red flag.

Bill

calvindog
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Dan, I'm pretty certain that while we may see yet another apology in badly broken English none of his victims will see a penny in restitution -- unless it's pulled from him by a prosecutorial body.

barrysloate
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
He claims on his own thread that only one buyer of an overprint back was scammed, so if there are others they need to come forward.

bond73
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, you are correct. It is written in poor broken English again.

Yes, if there are any other victim out there, they should step forward.

Please read my post at:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=112185

wonkaticket
05-10-2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=112134

LINKED HERE TO REIVEW IF NEEDED SINCE OTHER POST WAS MESSED UP.

sreader3
05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Kudos to Jim and John!

60 Minutes, where are you?

Scot

Leon
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
For the record I, or anyone else, probably don't have a big problem with broken English. Whenever someone speaks or writes that way I always think to myself that they are better at English than I am at their language. There is certainly no issue with the English or writing skills. It's the scamming, lieing, stealing, cheating, psyhotic tendencies etc.....that have me concerned.

calvindog
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't buy the broken English deal with him. It's just another attempt to appear pathetic so that everyone will forgive him.

danmckee
05-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Broken English is ok Chan, STEALING from people is not!!!! Pay everyone back and you should still go to jail!!!

I will gladly waste my vacation flying anywhere to be a star witness for the prosecution.

Chan if you want my silence, please send me a quadruple bar overprint on a green old mill back.

chiprop
05-10-2009, 06:45 PM
John - Please meet me in the chat room. Email me when you are available dan@chiprop.com