PDA

View Full Version : T206 Wagner...in pencil

abroome
05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey guys,
This is my first post on the new board!
Besides grading vintage cards, I also do a little drawing.
If any of you guys dabble in "new, shiny stuff" you probably know at least a little about sketch cards.
Sketch cards are simply trading cards where an artist creates an original work of art on the card. Think of these as the next step in the autograph and jersey swatch card. Now when you open the shiny stuff, you can pull a unique and original piece of art!
So, the baseball-related sketches I've done have all been in pen or pencil. I decided to try out some color work last night and created a Wagner. I thought some of you may enjoy seeing it. Hopefully I can get the hang of color work in future cards.
Andy
http://www.andybroome.com/t206wagner.jpg
http://www.andybroome.com/t206wagner.jpg

Doug
05-07-2009, 07:44 AM
You drew that in one night?! Amazing work!

DixieBaseball
05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice sketch !

GoldenAge50s
05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
I vote for "authentic"!

bijoem
05-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Andy - that looks great!

It must be very cool to have a talent like that.

DaveH
05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I'd put it on Ebay and say you found it in your grand parents attic and see what happens. :)

DH

Leon
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
He has Joe Jackson's ears!! If the ears don't fit you must acquit!!

Really nice art there Andy....I will tell Mark you need a raise ...:D

abroome
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd put it on Ebay and say you found it in your grand parents attic and see what happens. :)

DH
I would have to draw the Bible I found it in first before I put it on eBay!

It is nice to sit down and take a break and draw. When I am flying to card shows, I draw in my sketchbook. I will take a vintage baseball photo from my collection and draw it.

I did do the Wagner in one nite but don't get too excited, it's only color pencils. I only wish I had the time for watercolors.

canjond
05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Great job!

abroome
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
And thanks, Leon but don't tell Mark. If he has to pay me more, he will make me draw and I can't draw and grade at the same time!
And besides, no one wants color pencil fingerprints on their T-cards!

Andy

GehrigFan
05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
So my graders think they have "free time" at night, do they? I'll have to work them harder during the day now.

Just kidding - great work Andy. This is one of my favorites.

Andy's ability to draw in so many styles and mediums is what I find most impressive. B/W, Color Pencils, Paint, Realistic, Comics, etc. I actually had Andy do a dozen paintings for me to use in a children's book I wrote when I proposed to my wife.

geor952
05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Andy,
Your drawing is outstaning thanks for sharing! It wasn't stated in your post, have you done sketch cards before, that were inserted in packs, or did they just motivate you to sketch players? Is the wagner the size of a modern day card?
Thanks
George

martyogelvie
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Andy that is really cool. I just hate folks that have real talent...
:mad: ME <---talentless

mayx2
05-07-2009, 12:16 PM
nice job,must be nice to have talent! Lou

carrigansghost
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Great job!! How big is the drawing and are you available for other drawings?

Rawn

abroome
05-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I was invited and submitted art for a non-sports set a couple of years ago but nothing came of that. Truthfully, I haven't submitted anything for consideration on any other set since but I would like to do so in the future.
The Wagner art is the standard modern card size of 2.5"x 3.5"
I try to do most sketch cards this size as collectors prefer this. I also prefer this because the art fits standard top loaders and other holders.
I would probably be up for other drawings, depending on what is wanted. I'll be up front and say I am somewhat limited on time right now.

ethicsprof
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
well done, Andy.
great talent.
many thanks for sharing.

best,

barry

Old Mill Man
05-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Simply beautiful drawing,great to have talent especially with colored pencils.