PDA

View Full Version : Vintage in Vegas?

DWilliams
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Im going to have some free time next week when I am in Vegas. Does anyone know if there are any shops around there that would have some vintage to check out?

Thanks

frankb22
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
There is virtually nothing here. All but a couple of the card shops
are gone and those left have just new stuff. In the last 3 years
I've seen exactly three t206 cards and those were at a coin shop
and they were 200% -300% above market value.

They do have a sports collectable place in both the Caesars Mall
(Forum Shops) and in the Planet Hollywood Mall (Desert Passage). If you
like gazing at fake autographed items vist the one at Planet Hollywood.
They have a great array of phony stuff.

sbfinley
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Was in Vegas a few months back and found absolutely nothing. I've actually stopped going to card shops because anything I find is overpriced or new. In my traveling I've discovered the best bet for vintage is looking for antique stores or flea markets. As I write this the wife and I are actually driving back to Nashville from Hanover NH and I picked up some decent Exhibits at an Antique Store in Vermont. It takes some searching but it can be done. I try to hit several where ever we go. In some places the prices will be jacked up but I have also discovered that many aren't because they don't know what they have. If you collect memo it's also fun to rifle through the boxes upon boxes of cabinet portraits and such.

DWilliams
05-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I dont need to worry about getting lost going to a card store but I may just have to try and find some antique stores.

Hal Kaplan
05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I was in Vegas last year and will be back in 2 weeks. The Venetian/Palazzo mall has a vintage/rare book store that last year had some interesting old baseball books, including a bio of Gehrig that looked like it was from his playing days.

makersmarkambassador
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, and didn't see any sport card shops. Did see a couple of memorabilia shops but they didn't sell vintage cards. They sold 90's and today's cards. We didn't leave the strip, but there may be some in the outskirts of Vegas if you take the time to look online.

alanu
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I live in Henderson and there are a few card shops, but no vintage. One shop has some 50-60's, but it's all overpriced for the condition.

There is a card show at one of the malls every couple of months, the next one is the weekend of June 5th. The website that has the show schedule is powerplaysportscards.com (I am in no way associated with this show or website).

I have found a few vintage cards at these shows, (a couple of 20's common zeenuts one time, traded for a psa 3 t206 matty portrait and a few others), but overall there are not any consistent vintage dealers there.

-Alan