PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb question about the new board

paul
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I just sent an email to another board member by clicking on his name in a thread and then clicking the "send email" option. Will he get the message in his regular email? Or is there some special Net54 email? Thanks.

Paul

leftygrove10
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
It will go to his personal email account. Send yourself an email as a test. I sent myself an email and it showed up as being from "leftygrove10@net54baseball.com", or something like that.

Matt
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I just sent an email to another board member by clicking on his name in a thread and then clicking the "send email" option. Will he get the message in his regular email? Or is there some special Net54 email? Thanks.

Paul

There is a lot to learn, and there are no stupid questions. As Brad said, Send Email does indeed send a regular email to that person. Send Private Message is more like what you described as a special forum messaging account.

Jantz
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi Paul,

I'm going to echo what Matt said above that "there is alot to learn". I'm a member on another website (modern ballcards) which is laid out identical to this website. You should take some time & get aquainted with all the features we have on this site. This new Net54 board has alot more to offer. For instance, almost everybody on the other site uses private messaging instead of regular email. That way you don't have to worry about an email getting filed under spam or junk and then lost. You can also access your PMs from other computers ( like at work ;) ). If you can't tell by now, I'm a big fan of our new board. :D

Being able to subscribe to certain threads is a cool feature with me.

Hope this helps,

Jantz