PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Card Show: Cobb Civic Center, This Weekend

Archive
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>I just thought everyone should know the Atlanta Card Show located in the Cobb County Civic Center is this weekend, Nov. 14-16 in Marietta Georgia, just north of Atlanta. There will me a lot of pre-war cards and other various vintage cards for sale. Many dealers are coming from all across the country to help revive the best &quot;southern&quot; show of the glory days. I hope to see you there. <br><br>Chris

Archive
11-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>Chris-<br><br>Is there a website with info?<br><br><br>Thanks

Archive
11-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p>hum.. maybe I can get a kitchen pass to go to this. I had NO IDEA of this show. i have simply stopped going to card shows.. its used to dominate my weekends.. thanks for the info.

Archive
11-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br><br>Found it...I don't see where it has pre-war spelled out anywhere. But I'll drop the contact person an email. I don't have any desire to go to an all modern show where &quot;vintage&quot; is 1972.<br><br><br><a href="http://bpsports.com/events.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://bpsports.com/events.htm</a>

Archive
11-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>the show on is a LONG time veteran of the show circuit and a good guy. He's promoted shows for a long time and had all the big guests in the day like Mantle, DiMaggio, etc. My buddy HRbaker who posts here and lives in Atlanta is friends with him. Not sure of the scope of the vintage selection. Maybe HRbaker can comment from past shows. He's in Louisville for the Louisville Slugger Hunts Auction all weekend.

Archive
11-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p> I can not guarantee pre-war but I will tell you with long time hobby veterans such as Uncle Dick DeCourcy, Larry Dluhy and Danny Harrison that at least there will be plenty of pre-1970 material available. <br><br><br> Regards<br> Rich Klein

Archive
11-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Daryle</b><p>I used to go to this show on a regular basis. There was usually some vintage there. The dealer I usually went straight to was Roger Nuefeldt from OK. I get a PC from him when he is gonna be in Atlanta with a small list of things he will have. This latest list says:<br><br>Fresh Inventory acquired::<br><br>--20 Pre-WW1 HOFers including Cobb and Mathewson<br>--100+ commons and stars, pre-WW2<br>--50,000 comons and stars, 1948-1975, all grades, some slabbed<br>--Start sets, 1952-1975<br>--Vintage pubs and programs***<br>***he has lots of programs***<br><br>If anybody knows him you know that he usually has stuff from tobacco, Goudeys, PlayBall, Bowman and up to 1970s and even some up to 80s (the better rookie cards, HOFers)<br><br>There was usually a few vintage dealers there.<br><br>I have found these at this show:<br><br>E97 Proof<br>Stack of caramel cards that I got for good price<br>E101 Cy Young<br>Sporting News Joe Jackson (Nuefeldt had this card)<br><br>.........so the stuff is there. Has been in the past anyway.<br><br>

Archive
11-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Posted By: <b>jdrum</b><p>Tom is correct. Show is being put on by Bob Pressley, long time promoter and hobbyist. He used to do 2-3 shows a year in the ATL before the slowdown. This show should attract a number of good regional dealers. As mentioned Roger N. will be there. I would make it but going to Hunt's in Louisville. Definitely worth a visit if you are close.

Archive
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>I stopped by this show this afternoon. Fairly good size show and it was sprinkled with some pre-war stuff here and there. I stopped by Chris' table and met him, nice guy.

Archive
11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>Since I received an email asking about what pre-war stuff was there-<br><br>A few pre-1900 cabinets<br>a couple t3's...Joss being one of them<br>a Matty silk<br>postcards<br>t206's<br>goudey's<br>a few caramels...<br><br><br>I may be forgetting something, but that's what pretty much sticks in my head

Archive
11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Posted By: <b>B O'Brien</b><p>Good deal. I will head over in the morning, I haven't been to a show in 12 years, it should be fun!<br>Thanks for the info,<br>Bob

Archive
11-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>B O'Brien</b><p>I haven't been to a show in about 12 years, so it was fun for me. Spent $50 bucks on a couple T206 HOFer's the got drug around and tried to unload my P42 Chase.<br>I also got crushed by JSA on my Cobb autoed strip card. I still say it is real just because of the the blood line that it came from, and the two other nice Cobb pieces that came in the deal. I think he was just drunk on New Years Eve (dated 12/31/41) and had a hard time fitting his sig on the back of a strip card!<br>Bob