PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Johnson; the old hobby dealer

Rich Klein
05-04-2009, 12:03 PM
There was a note in the current SCD that long-time dealer Jerry Johnson had passed away recently at the young age of 62. Although, I don't remember having any dealings with him -- I do remember that he would travel all the way to Philly for the Willow Grove show each year and he was a heavy hobby advertiser back in the day.

My condolonces to his wife Patti and their two sons.

Regards
Rich Klein

Mrc32
05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
It seems like a lot of the old time collector/dealers are either giving up their collections or passing away.

oaks1912
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Jerry was a great guy and one of the West Coast's most hardworking & influential dealers in the 1970's. He and wife Patti used to come down to our Bay Area shows , beginning in the mid-70's, with a good selection of material. We had numerous transactions (all positive) before he left Spokane and opened up a shop in San Jose in the early 80's. He was a welcome addition to the Bay Area's card-shop landscape, regularly turning up fresh material. Although his son Kevin & I still stay in touch, I had not heard of his passing until I read it this morning. I called Kevin & he indicated that his father passed away peacefully with the family present. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Leon
05-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I never knew Jerry but it's always a little sad to hear of another hobby veteran passing away. It's not like there are 50 million of us crazy people out here. My condolences to his family.

ethicsprof
05-05-2009, 12:53 AM
my sympathy and condolences to family and friends,

best,
barry