PDA

View Full Version : chat room

cfc1909
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I have been using the chat room and its pretty neat seeing the instant responses and the different opinions. Opens your mind to things you may have not thought of.
very nice feature.

Leon
05-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks....I truly believe it is the highlight of the new board. ALL of the credit goes to Matt W for finding it, installing it and working the bugs out. It's really neat. If you haven't clicked on it you are missing something...

Matt
05-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks....I truly believe it is the highlight of the new board. ALL of the credit goes to Matt W for finding it, installing it and working the bugs out. It's really neat. If you haven't clicked on it you are missing something...

Leon - you're not credit-less regarding the chat room - you decided to pay the premium to get the best. There were other options out there that were not nearly as feature rich that were much cheaper.

Glad it's being enjoyed!

calvindog
05-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I suspect the chat room will get quite a workout this coming morning from 1-3 am EST...

Matt
05-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I suspect the chat room will get quite a workout this coming morning from 1-3 am EST...

Jeff - that is our hope and the main reason we pushed for opening the board when we did. Should be a fun time in there.

Doug
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
It's been pretty active so far tonight. Fun times!

cfc1909
06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
great chat last night with Doug, bravefan, soriano and tinker

Leon/matt-killer feature-talking to the collectors and learning about what they colect and that some are half my age or even less

great talking with all of you-we need to do it again soon

rc4157
06-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Question - Is it deemed rude to be a lurker in the chat room? Some of us, mainly thinking of myself, may not have a lot to contribute but could learn a good bit by sitting in.

RC

cfc1909
06-03-2009, 05:41 AM
I don't think so-you need to learn sometime. Now is as good as a time as any.

Doug
06-03-2009, 07:08 AM
great chat last night with Doug, bravefan, soriano and tinker

Leon/matt-killer feature-talking to the collectors and learning about what they colect and that some are half my age or even less

great talking with all of you-we need to do it again soon

It's always great when you can have several people in there are once to get a good discussion going. Hopefully more people will start giving it a try!

Leon
06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I think lurking around in the chat room is fine. I would probably introduce myself when I entered (it's not like you don't hear a knock knock anyway)....The chat room is the best I have ever seen....though I am biased.

On another feature related item if anyone hasn't tried the new "album" in your personal profile, I strongly encourage it. It is really super easy to do. There is always a button that says download and it takes 5 seconds to go from your computer to the album. Very cool feature. I practiced last night....Then when someone clicks on your name they can see what you collect.....it could even help you find a card you still need!!

http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=1

danmckee
06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Everyone is half your age Jim

Jim VB
06-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Everyone is half your age Jim

I'm not. Unless he's been appearing on the Today Show with Willard Scott for the last 8-9 years in a row.

cfc1909
06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I agree the album feature is graet and very easy to use. You can use as a display or items for sale without using photobucket. each album holds 60 scans.

Note -load the album with the last image loaded as the first image you want to display. Like when I loaded the t206 backs set -I loaded the American Beauty backs last so they would be the first displayed

Ladder7
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
It's like an online therapy session and a lot cheaper. Was nice to meet with Brian and Matt.

terjung
06-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Nice to meet you as well, Steve. Thumbs up for the chat room in my book too. It was especially lively during the wee morning hours of REA closing. It is during times like that that it gets especially entertaining.