PDA

View Full Version : Official 1961 Fleer Basketball Thread

Archive
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Davemri</b><p>How many collectors of this set do we have here? I am working on a PSA 6-7 set and have hit a road-block. This is probably due to the fact that I am putting only cards with good centering (which is tough to find). I need 11 more to finsh but cant find them any where.. at least centered.<br /><br /><br />Here are the cards I have...<br /><br /><a href="http://imageevent.com/davemri/basketball/1961fleerbasketball" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://imageevent.com/davemri/basketball/1961fleerbasketball</a><br /><br /><br />And the one's I need. Let me know if you have any centered psa 6 or 7's<br /><br />#7 Carl Braun<br />#19 Tommy Heinsohn<br />#21 Rod Hundley<br />#28 Bob Leonard<br />#32 Willie Naulls<br />#34 Bob Pettit<br />#35 Frank Ramsey<br />#38 Bill Russell<br />#40 Frank Selvy<br />#42 Jack Twyman<br />#46 Elgin Baylor IA<br /><br /><br />Dave<br />

Archive
08-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Of the "Big 3" Basketball sets, I found this to be the easiest(a relative term) to complete in psa 8 or better. My set is complete at 61 PSA 8s and 5 PSA 9s.<br /><br />At time I was working on it Attles was the toughest in 8.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Posted By: <b>aro13</b><p>Dave - Hope all is well. Good to see you on the basketball board. I have completed the 61 Fleer set in PSA 7 with a few 8's.<br /><br />Of the cards you listed Russell is probably the toughest to find centered. There has not been a sale of a PSA 7 Russell in the past year on ebay. I have upgraded my 7 with a better centered one but it is still not very well centered. I also had some trouble finding a centered Baylor IA. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>I agree with Jim. The 1961-62 Fleer basketball is the "easiest" out of the "Big 3" sets to get in nice shape.<br /><br />Alan<br /><br /><br />P.S.<br />Dave - It was nice meeting you & your family at the PSA luncheon.

Archive
08-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>If it's easy you can't tell by my efforts- I'm having no luck at all picking up 7's. I'm more interested in corners than centering (within reason) but just can't seem to find any. <br />'57 Topps, on the other hand, has proven to be very easy, at least in PSA 6. In less than a year I"m about a dozen away from complete, but have picked up just 2 '61's in that time.

Archive
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Davemri</b><p>Nice to meet you as well Alan..

Archive
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>There is a dealer at the Reading show (Philly show) this weekend selling individual cards (missing Russell, Chamberlain, West etc,...) of the set in either PSA-8 or PSA-9. Absolutely amazing !!!<br /><br />Alan