PDA

View Full Version : 1955 redman

Archive
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Posted By: <b>richardj45</b><p>does anyone know the worth of non graded 1955 redman cards. they seem to be in really good shape. thanks

Archive
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hi Richard,<br />In general they look like they go for about $2-$10 .....some really nice ones go up to $50 or so. One good way to tell is to do a search, as I just did, on ebay under the completed listings and type in 1955 redman.....You will need to login to do it though....<br /><br /><br />

Archive
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>Richard,<br /><br />Red Man cards are worth more if the tab on the bottom is still attached. Also, because they have no borders, they're commonly trimmed. I just found this very helpful site dedicated to Red Man cards ...<br /><br /><a href="http://www.redmancards.com/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.redmancards.com/</a><br /><br />While beat-up Red Mans often sell for just a few dollars, a '52 card of Ted Williams sold for nearly $15,000! Basically, it all comes down to star power and condition (and a grader determining the card hasn't been trimmed)...

Archive
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Posted By: <b>richardj</b><p>thank you. i have recently came across more than a set of 1955 redmans. it is to expensive to have them graded but not worth much not graded. they all have tabs and like i said seem to be in really good shape.

Archive
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Mt. Joy</b><p>Post a scan of some of the better players and Im sure you will get some idea on the value from this board. They can range heavily based on condition and player from $1 to $1000, for instance a 1955 Redman with Tab Willie Mays has sold for $17 in a PSA 2 and for $1,051 in a PSA 8 (prices from VCP). This board is very good about telling you if any are worth grading, in some collections its smart to only grade a couple of the best cards.

Archive
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Thanks for helping out. It sounds like these are no different than other cards that have coupons. If the coupons are cut off they are worth significantly less....All of the ones I saw in completed auctions (that I looked at) were without the tabs, hence the lower prices.....

Archive
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Posted By: <b>ticker1365</b><p>if you want to sell all your redmans id be intrested in them