PDA

View Full Version : 65 topps set: 309 signed

Archive
04-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>I recently came across a 1965 topps set that has 309 signatures. All major signatures except for mantle. Some of the signatures are duplicates. I was looking for advice on whether or not this set is worth $3600? I know the signatures are legit, because I know the person who owns the set. A local card shop owner who has collected these signatures from years of card shows and conventions. Any feedback or advice would be great.

Archive
04-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony N.</b><p>Is this the same card shop with the hoard of '68 Topps 3D's?<br /><br />Some of the tough obscure signatures would probably be more key to the set than some of the stars that are easier to obtain. Offhand I"m not sure who is in the set that died an untimely death, but Walt Bond, Jim Umbricht, Dick Farrell, Chico Ruiz, and a few others come to mind.<br /> Also, what sort of shape are the cards in?<br /><br />

Archive
04-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>Thanks for responding. The cards are in really good shape in my opinion. The cards have been kept in card sheets and a binder for a long time and are in good shape. Some of those names and sig. are in there. I have never seen a set like this with the pure volume ofsig. I always like to get a second opinion before plopping down $3600. And yes this is the shop which had the 68 3ds. He sold the set though.