PDA

View Full Version : Ty Cobb and Joe Jackson card - is it real

Archive
03-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry</b><p>I came across a card and I am not sure if it is authentic or not. I found in the Yearly Beckett what set it could be from but it is not listed in the checklist. So I am not sure if it is a reprint or a promotional card for the set. The set that it appears to be from is the 1916 Globe Clothing Store (H801-9) which it says that the checklist is the same as the 1916 Sporting News. The card back mirrors the same as the 1916 set "Play Safe Boys - In or out of Season Always the Best Globe Dubbel - Hedder Suits Right - Posture Suits". At the bottom shows The Globe 322-324 Market Street. The card pictures Ty Cobb and Shoeless Joe Jackson. There is no card number. I haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anybody help?<br />Thanks<br />Jerry

Archive
03-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>but it's not an H801-9 Globe. That set has no multi-player cards.

Archive
03-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>Jerry, after posting a scan here, try posting in the vintage side of the board as well (even if you suspect the card is a post-war reprint). You'll get some quick and good responses over there. Many vintage collectors with this sort of knowledge don't necessarilly visit the post-war side.