PDA

View Full Version : computer auctions

Archive
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan P.</b><p>Anyone here have any experience with amazon.com or naxcom,com as an alternative to ebay? Any comments will be appreciated.<br />

Archive
03-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Anthony N.</b><p>The first time I ordered a card on Naxcom it never arrived. After 3 weeks I emailed the seller, and he said he had closed his account 6 months before, and emailed Naxcom to that effect numerous times. <br />I then called Naxcom to get my money back, and had a really tough time doing so. They wanted me to keep the money in my Naxcom account, kept asking me to just leave it there another month or so until I found something else, etc etc. Eventually he gave up and issued the refund.<br /> About a year after that I took my son to a show and he wanted to spin their wheel of fortune they always have there. He won $100 in Naxcom credit, but the site would never let the credit be applied to a purchase. Numerous emails failed to get a response, and we gave up after about 6 months.<br /> The listings on there are usually the same as on the dealers sites, but marked up to cover the Naxcom fees. Their search engine blows.<br /> IMO Naxcom is a total and complete waste of time, and I wouldn't bother looking at the site, let alone ordering anything. The best venues for cards are ebay, the BST board, auction houses, ebay, CU's board, ebay, dealer sites, contacting set registrants, and shows. Did I mention ebay?

Archive
03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan P.</b><p>Thanks.

Archive
03-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>I got one card from a dealer on there once. Otherwise, the system is such garbage that it is not worth the trouble. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc