PDA

View Full Version : All time favorite Ebay auction

Archive
12-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>I know I'm "outing" a current auction, but I think I'll risk it. This one made me laugh too hard to pass up. I'm sure the seller won't mind the free advertising. I hope no board members were looking to snatch this one up. <br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200185816699&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200185816699&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123</a>

Archive
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug</b><p>This was listed not too long ago. I actually think it brought over $200. If they ever put "filler card" in the dictionary there should be a picture of this card instead of a definition!

Archive
12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>It's close which line made me laugh the loudest, but I think this one did:<br /><br />THE COLLECTOR IN YOUR FAMILY IS DIFINATLY THIKING HOW GREAT ONE OF THESE CARDS WOULD LOOK IN HIS COLLECTION<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />...still laughing

Archive
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>Very rare variation

Archive
12-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>These are a few of my favorite words ...<br /><br />AUTHICAED<br />DEFINATLY <br />DIFINATLY (I always forget which of those two is right.)<br />THIKING <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
12-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Fred Y</b><p>Neither are right---it's DEFINITELY!

Archive
12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>First of all that card in auction is spectacular........spectacular poop. The seller definitely needs spell check.<br /><br />BTW, don't we often use the word "right" when it should be "correct"? <br /><br />Also, I was once told that people don't get "mad" they get "angry"....It's all so confusing to me..

Archive
12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p> Where's Barry when we need him?<br /><br /><br />edited to follow Jim's advice, and also to indent a new paragraph 2 spaces. These pretzels.......<br />

Archive
12-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>&lt;&lt;where's Barry when we need him?&gt;&gt;<br /><br />I wouldn't be calling for Barry until I began using capital letters at the start of my sentences! (LOL)<br /><br /><br />(By the way, I think Barry is out trying to get this card for his next auction.)

Archive
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Fred, I hope you know that I was kidding!

Archive
12-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve D</b><p>Besides the fact that the card looks like crap, I have been told it is also a fake.<br /><br /><br />Steve D

Archive
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred Y</b><p>I didn't see an ! or a smiley so I wasn't sure! <br /><br />PS---That word seems to be one of the most frequently mis-spelled words I see in EBay descriptions!<br /><br />

Archive
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I haven't been on this forum for awhile (my bad) and just noticed I was mixed into this lovely discussion.<br /><br />First off, I use both "mad" and "angry", so if there is a distinction I don't know it. I must have been absent that day.<br /><br />Anyway, not only is this seller spelling challenged, but if this isn't the worst looking card in the hobby, I don't know what is. It's probably a fake but how can you even tell? Very funny indeed.

Archive
12-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Ed Ivey</b><p>It should be worth more if the winner has the brains to get it authicaed. He/she/it clearly had the brains to spot a bargain.