PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Topps / Milton Bradley cards

Archive
12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>The Standard Catalog lists a 1968 Milton Bradley set in the style of 1968 Topps cards. They were apparently part of a Milton Bradley game. The cards are supposed to be identical to the Topps cards, except for a brighter yellow back.<br /><br />Have any of you ever seen these? Can you post a picture of the back? Thanks.<br /><br />Paul

Archive
12-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Posted By: <b>larry</b><p>they are a different yellow<br />dont have scan...the game is the only place where you could get the yellow letter variations

Archive
12-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve D</b><p>Yes it is said that the backs are a different shade. With that said no TPG that I am aware of will list it as a variety. The Ryan rookie is the key I believe. JJ teaparty had one (the whole set) a few yrs. back and was trying to get it graded as such to no avail. (It was an opened set) I guess the only way to prove that they are indeed a variety is to find a sealed game and have a TPG open it and then grade out the Ryan. I am also of the opinion that not all the games includd a Ryan.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive
12-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Al</b><p>There was a complete board game and set, with a picture, offered in a recent auction, maybe Heritage ? I think it was the same auction with the 2 uncut 68 Topps 3D sheets. It went for a bundle

Archive
12-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Red</b><p>The Milton Bradley set also contained football cards and non-sports cards. They were printed on a separate sheet and sometimes you'll find off center football cards with the 1968 burlap bag design at the edge.

Archive
12-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Any guesses on the values of these cards?