PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Hires Canadian?

Archive
11-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Randy Trierweiler</b><p>While reading the 1979 version of the Sports Collectors Bible many years ago, I stumbled across a mention of FC-37 (Food issue/Canada)1958 Hires Root Beer, which states this set is the duplicate of F211 (Regular Hires), with a Montreal address substituted for the US address on coupon. <br /><br />After looking at every 1958 Hires w/Tabs at National's and big shows the last several years, I have found a total of 0 cards with Montreal listed on the coupon. <br /><br />Does anybody have one? Do they exist? <br /><br />BTW this info was on page 102 if anyone has SCB #3. <br /><br />Randy<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
11-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>FC37 is listed in the Fourth Catalog Addition to the ACC and is indeed described as a Canadian version of the US Hires issue. These additions were compiled by Buck Barker and few other hobby heavyweights and appeared with regularity in the Card Collectors Bulletin so there must have been some verified cards seen by the compilers to be included in the update.

Archive
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Randy Trierweiler</b><p>Thanks for the info Dave. I did look at the ACC #1, and FC issues were only numbered as high as FC33. <br /><br />Does anybody out there have a 1958 Hires scan with a Montreal address??<br /><br />Randy