PDA

View Full Version : Impossible 54 Aaron on Ebay

Archive
11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>I hate to out a current auction but, this card to me is an obvious reprint. I have sent three msgs. to the seller asking if they are representing it as an original and finally they wrote back saying they are not 100% sure and are currently checking. There's bids on this card and nowhere in the title does it say reprint. My question is if someone purchases this card do they have any recourse when they find out it is a reprint? Also the seller has no feedback. Anyway beware of this one.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110195387825&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110195387825&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123</a>

Archive
11-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob Pomilla</b><p>This is such an obvious reprint, it's almost impossible to believe the dealer doesn't think it's real. But then again, he does seem to be getting some fish on the line, so perhaps he's an adherent of the philosophy, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Archive
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>If you look at the bottom of the card back it says Topps Baseball Archives - The Ultimate 1954 Series. Either way, I doubt that even a real 10 graded card would look like that. Even with those dark scans the whites are whiter than white (I sound like a laundry detergent commercial!)

Archive
11-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>You can get dizzy looking at the wavy borders. How do you manage to make scans like that?<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
11-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>Peter - it's not a scan. It's from a digital camera. The waviness is when the camera lens is too close to the card. They begin to distort and get that "fisheye" lens look (like a door peephole).

Archive
11-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>it's a 1993(?) topps archive. it even says it on the card as paul noted. it's being shilled by the seller no doubt. can anyone be so stupid as to not see this? and actually bid on this as a true 1954 topps card. you can buy the whole archives set for $30.00.

Archive
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>John H.</b><p>Actually, the 1954 Topps Archives set is quite a bit more expensive than $30. The boxes were horribly coallated so it was very difficult to put the set together. Then you have to shell out another pretty good chunk of change for the two Williams cards and the Mantle card "that never was". Because of licensing issues, those three cards had to be issued by Upper Deck in their 1994 All-Time Heroes boxes. You'd do very well to bring the set in for under $100.<br /><br />The 1953 Archives set usually goes for about $30.<br /><br />John

Archive
11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Christmas is coming up. I always worry about the people buying this kind of thing on Ebay for gifts. These sellers know they can take advantage of people's moms and grandmothers because they don't know what Topps Archive means.