PDA

View Full Version : advice. Please help

Archive
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>Hey guys! I have a chance to purchase a very very very good partial set of the 1965 topps set. It is missing 14 cards and all of them are commons. All the major cards are between 5 and 8 grade maybe better. My question is whould you purchase this set for $1300 if it was offered to you? I can pick this set up for that price if I want. I really think the star cards would sale for more than that. I guess what I am asking is the resale on this set much higher than the purchase price? If I buy this set I will be looking to sale it for a profit.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Thanks! Fire Houston Nutt!!!!!

Archive
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>I assume you talking about cards in ungraded condition. If the key cards are in high grade and centered, it sounds like a good deal. The key cards need to be centered. It's difficult to find them centered.<br /><br />If many of the key cards are off-centered, then it's an average deal.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>Vanessa, I think you'd have a good chance of seeing some sort of profit if it's the star players that have those higher grades. Make sure you don't cut into the profit by having to pay to grade a lot of cards just to sell them, and it's probably a good idea to check ebay to see if and how '65s are selling so you don't end up eating a lot of commons, because I don't think those mid-grade commons sell for much -- possibly in lots are best for those. See what things look like for splitting it up that way, as compared to grading the best cards and selling as a complete set.<br />Personally I really like the set, although it doesn't seem to get talked about that much.